Western Governors University (WGU) in Salt Lake City, UT
- Industry: Information Technology - UX/UI Designer
- Type: Full Time
If you're passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you're committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
At Western Governors University, we are building the technology to redefine how individuals can gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve their goals and objectives. We leverage technology to create an exemplary student experience for on-line, competency-based education which is independent of time and place. If you are passionate about education, and want to be part of an innovative, high-tech university, that serves students in a unique way, this job is for you. Join us if you want to be part of something very special.
This role will own the UI and UX standards for our Web and mobile applications and take a holistic view of the WGU platform (Web apps and mobile) to ensure a consistent, logical user experience, leveraging the latest trends in visual design. This position reports to the VP of Product Management. The responsibilities of the UI/UX Director will include:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Champion the user experience throughout WGU and contribute to making it an essential process for innovation.
2. Provide leadership and own the design execution strategy of a talented UI/Ux team
3. Serve as a subject matter expert and thought leader on user experience design.
4. Collaborate with cross functional teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
5. Collaborate on the development of plans, processes, and concepts to promote and expand User Centered Design
6. Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
7. Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness into complex design.
8. Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders
9. Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, interface, ui, ui designer, user experience, user interface, ux, ux designer, wireframing
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!