Through this 36 month rotational development program, participants will gain a better understanding of the Watts business model and determine where their passions and interests lie as they start their career. Participants will experience a wide range of assignments as they establish broad experiences via three year-long interdepartmental rotations designed to develop critical leadership and functional skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Leadership Rotational Participants (LRP's) will engage in a variety of challenging and exciting learning and development experiences including:
* Practicum On-the-job learning: The LRP will develop a wide breadth of knowledge and gain invaluable practical work experience that can span across different geographical areas and business segments. Projects may be focused in: * New Product Development: concepts, brainstorming techniques, designs * Data Acquisition and analysis, project management and implementation of products into production floor * Engineering Lab testing * Heat Transfer analysis, Fluid Dynamic analysis, Fluid systems modeling, etc
* Training & Development: LRP's are supported throughout their tenure in the program with a variety of learning events to develop business insight and leadership effectiveness. The focus will be on topics in leadership and professional development. * Coaching & Mentoring: As part of Watts' High Performance Employee Development Strategy, each LRP will receive coaching from multiple sources and will have a mentor, who will assist the LRP (mentee) in developing skills and knowledge that will enhance leadership and personal growth. * Networking: Developing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships is key to launching a successful career. LRP's will have a variety of opportunities to network with senior leaders and numerous talented and creative colleagues from across the organization. * Performance Goals will be established for each LRP, and by the end of the program, the LRP will have developed a strong knowledge of the Watts business coupled with the necessary technical and leadership abilities to position them to be a future leader in the Watts team.
* Graduation within the last two years with a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering * Strong record of academic achievement (minimum 3.2/4.0 cumulative GPA or 3.5/5.0)
* This position does not have any direct reports.
* Leadership role in collegiate extracurricular activities * Superior analytical and quantitative skills * Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills * Strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word * Flexibility to geographically relocate during and after the program and ability to travel to anyone of our facilities within the US. * Must be authorized to work in the U.S., and not require sponsorship now or in the future * Background in Research and Development strongly preferred * Intellectual curiosity - not afraid to challenge the status quo * Some ability with SolidWorks/CAD/Autodesk Inventor or other 3d design software required * The ideal candidate should be equally comfortable in the office, laboratory, and factory and have proven lab experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* WORK ENVIRONMENT: * Work in an office environment. * May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting. * As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions, and/or third party service providers accessing and using the information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing your application.
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources. Associated topics: boiler, brakes, chassis, mechanical engineer, mechanism, msme, naval, rotordynamic, vehicle, vibration