Agile Release Train Engineer (Remote Opportunity)
Employment Type: Full-Time
VetsEZ (Veterans EZ Info Inc.) is a leading provider of information technology services to government and commercial markets. We are a prime contractor on T4NG (VA), VECTOR (VA), CIO-SP3 (NIH) and VETS2 GWAC (G
SA) contract vehicles. VetsEZ is an ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and ISO 20000-1 certified company and has been independently appraised at CMMI-DEV Level 3 by the CMMI institute.
VetsEZ is also a verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) in VA's Vendor Information Pages (VIP) and State of California's Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) program.
VetsEZ strongly believes in providing tangible solutions that improve day-to-day business transactions, maximize efficiencies, eliminate risks, and reduce costs for our clients. Subject Matter Experts from VetsEZ provide thought leadership and innovative approaches to federal agencies to shape the future of Healthcare IT. For more information, visit us at www.vetsez.com.
We are currently seeking an Agile Release Train Engineer for a large multi-year federal government project at the Department of Veterans Affairs. The RTE is responsible for ensuring that Agile development practices are followed and adjusted as required. The RTE will work with the team or organization to establish and adapt to Agile practices that help to ensure high-quality results and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Plan, coordinate, and launch successful agile release trains with complex scope and interdependencies in a multi-vendor, public sector environment.
- Facilitates the coordinated preparation of release planning for the release train, including communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery.
- Ensure that the ART adheres to and blends Lean-Agile best practices and required internal controls and governance.
- Responsible for backlog management as well as ALM tool data integrity for accurate reporting. This includes the collection of metrics and KPI's.
- Coordinate major feature releases and ongoing delivery of value to customers where multiple teams, release trains, or solution groups are involved in development.
- Resolve/report issues and manage dependencies and risks across the ART and between ART's.
- Drive continuous improvement through the facilitation of retrospectives quarterly, or more often as needed, to improve backlog management, release train reviews, sprint reviews, or release train coordination and higher-level function.
- Launched at least 3 Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and 5+ years in an agile delivery leadership, management, or coaching roles such as RTE, Scrum Master, Product Owner/Product Manager, or Agile Project/Program Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- SAFe Certification required, SPC Strongly Preferred and Scrum-certified by Scrum Alliance or Scrum.org required.
- Experience launching agile teams and Agile Release Trains, building a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and empowering a Lean Portfolio
- Humble and results-oriented servant leader with a team-first mentality who follows through on commitments.
- Experience supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
- Experience in the VA or other health-related organization desired.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Experience working in a SAFe Agile Environment.
- Previous experience and knowledge of VIP and ProPath support is a plus.
- Active VA access is a plus.
- 401k with Matching
- Corporate Laptop
- PTO + Federal Holidays
- Training opportunities
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Sorry, we are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...