- Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- $94,870.00 -148,980.00/year*
Temporary Computational Material Scientist (Post-Doc) - Materials Discovery
Functional Area: Computational Chemistry / Preclinical Modeling & Computational Sciences
Location: Boston, MA
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated is searching for a highly motivated post-doctoral Computational Material Scientist. The individual will be at the interface between the Engineering and Material Sciences and Computational Chemistry departments and will work with project teams across Research and Development. The successful candidate will be responsible for integrating computational materials chemistry into workflows supporting solid-form discovery and bulk materials modeling. They will advise cross-functional teams on complex problems related to structure-property relationships. In addition, the individual will manage priorities, demonstrate good documentation skills, and clearly communicate to a variety of stakeholders. A successful candidate will have a solid understanding of physical organic chemistry and have relevant in silico experience working with structure-property calculations.
* Implement and further develop new computational and informatics approaches to predict performance indicating materials properties at the interface of discovery and development.
* Implement and facilitate usage of small molecule crystal structure database informatics in discovery and development.
* Conduct virtual screening efforts to assist in solvent selection for crystallization processes, polymorph screening, cocrystal screening, stability, morphology control, etc.
* Collaborate with cross-functional discovery and development teams to address questions about material properties
* Solid background in materials science, computational approaches, and data analysis.
* Expertise with computation of materials properties using a range of levels from fundamental ab initio to molecular mechanics, molecular dynamics, and statistical informatics approaches.
* Ability to propose, implement, and lead new approaches to accelerate drug discovery and development at the interface of discovery research and drug development.
* Ability to develop strong partnerships/relationships across functional areas.
* Ability to convince users to utilize new tools and facilitate their implementation.
* Exceptional written and oral communication.
* Demonstrated self-motivator.
* Experience with X-ray crystallography is a plus.
Ph.D. with 0-3 years of experience with material property calculations in pharmaceutical or related industries.
Associated topics: biochemistry, ceramic, chemistry, formulation, glass, latex, material, material science, polyurethane, rubber
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...