AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR's advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World's Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World's Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work? Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We've been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you'll be part of an organization that's committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
This position is responsible for developing, enhancing and managing vulnerability component and overall model performance of AIR's flood peril catastrophe models that cover worldwide regions. The candidate will work closely with a team of structural engineers, hydrologists/hydraulics, statisticians, and specialists in financial application of probabilistic risk assessment. The candidate is expected to be a highly motivated, detail oriented, well organized, and an independent worker and collective team player.
* Data acquisition, and understanding building inventory and its vulnerability subjected to flood hazards at any interested region worldwide
* Development of fragility functions and monetary loss curves for structural and non-structural components subjected to hazards such as storm surge, precipitation induced flooding for the regions of interest
* Investigate property damage in the aftermath of flooding, including statistical analysis of historical damage and insurance claims data
* Lead projects with little supervision and present findings in internal and external meetings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong background in construction practices as it relates to flood vulnerability, and in the effects of water damage on structures
* Excellent communication skills to convey findings to internal and external stakeholders
* Experience in probabilistic and stochastic risk assessment and modeling, particularly in the field of engineering
* Knowledge of structural design, and/or computational fluid dynamics
* Proficient in C/C++, SQL
* 5+ years of work experience in a related field; cat modeling, engineering consulting or design
* Insurance industry experience is a plus
* Ph.D. in Civil Engineering
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.