- Vanasse Hangen Brustlin
- $92,010.00 -134,290.00/year*
VHB is part of a multi-consultant team serving as Program Manager/Construction Manager for the MBTA Green Line Transformation Project in downtown Boston. The Green Line Transformation program is a multi-year, multi-billion dollar program sponsored by the MBTA to transform the customer experience on the Green Line through an overhaul of the trolleys and stations, as well as power, signal, track, maintenance facilities, and communications systems reaching from Lechmere Station to the terminal ends of the B, C, D and E lines.
We are looking for a highly organized and energetic Senior Project Engineer to join the Design Management team in our Boston, MA office. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team across diverse disciplines, giving you exposure to a wide variety of transit projects varying in size and scope. The successful candidate will work with other program team members as well as client staff to advance a broad range of projects across the Green Line footprint. The ideal candidate must possess a can-do attitude.
VHBs passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
Design Management Opportunities
* Lead multi-disciplined study teams conducting detailed evaluations of vehicle storage and vehicle maintenance facilities as well as trolley station upgrades
* Develop project standards that would be used to design and construct Green Line facilities
* Prepare documents for Design Consultant RFPs
* Assist the MBTA with designer oversight and coordinate document reviews
* Prepare and assist the MBTA for procurement of construction services
* Work with community outreach team members to obtain and incorporate stakeholder feedback into project work
* Technical and Design Report writing
* Lead study teams
* Prepare and/or review design criteria, drawings, and specifications
* Assist in the development of permitting, design oversight and construction
* Coordinate with external stakeholders on project interfaces with utilities, roadways and related features
* MS office suite
* Skilled in the review of design or construction schedules
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to think critically
* BS in Civil Engineering required
* 10+ years of project engineering experience?focusing on infrastructure
* Experience in a Program Management or Construction management setting
* PE certification
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, were invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. Were proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for nearly 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.?
Associated topics: building, civil, construction, department of transportation, draft, draw, microstation, remedial, roadway, soil mechanic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...