VHBs New York City team is looking for a mid-level an Environmental Planner to join our growing Environmental group. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic team, across diverse disciplines, giving you exposure to a wide variety of projects in size and scope. VHB has consistently been rated as one of the top Engineering Firms to work for up and down the East coast, was awarded Employer of the Year by WTS in 2018 and has a 100% CEO approval rating on Glassdoor.
The Environmental Planner will serve as the team leader on projects requiring compliance with City Environmental Quality Review (CEQR), the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). Substantial experience is required with CEQR projects that will be reviewed by the New York City Department of City Planning (DCP), New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD), and/or the Mayors Office of Environmental Coordination (MOEC). Projects will vary including single- and mixed-use developments and land use improvement programs. In addition to managing environmental/planning projects, the Environmental Planner will also be responsible for assisting in proposal preparation, management and mentoring of staff. The Environmental Planner will also be involved in pursuits and other business development opportunities with key clients in the public and private sectors.
VHBs passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the real estate, institutional, transportation, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
* Manage and participate in the preparation of EAS, EAF, EIS, and similar environmental review documentation
* Provide oversight, direction, management, mentoring and ongoing open communication with staff
* Assist clients with the administration of CEQR and SEQRA processes
* Attend and participate in public meetings and hearings
* Drafting of project proposals and participate in business development activities with key clients
Skills and abilities:
* Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Team oriented with strong capability to motivate others
* Highly motivated, self-starter
* Demonstrated superior ability in collaborative problem solving with stakeholders, clients, and teammates
* Experience with presenting before reviewing agencies and community boards
* Experience leading project team meetings on behalf of clients
* Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and GIS
* Experience with SketchUp and Adobe Suite a plus
* 6 to 10 years of CEQR and/or SEQRA compliance experience
* Bachelors and/or Graduate Degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Environmental Studies, Public Policy or related discipline
* Experience working on development projects in the New York City metro area
* Proven ability in managing junior staff members
* Demonstrated experience in proposal writing and the ability to provide writing samples
* Experience in public presentations and public hearings
* We regret that we are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visas at this time
At VHB, were invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. Were proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Associated topics: air, bioassay, conservation, environment, environmental, farm, field, food, sustainable, wetlands
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...