Permanent Position with a Plant
- Pay rate: Based on experience
- Company Staff Benefits
- Duration:Direct Hire
- Supporting: Maintenance
- Education: Bachelors degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or a related field in an industrial environment, from four-year college or university desired.
- Experience: Must have knowledge of key equipment used in Production process preferably in Chemical Industry and knowledge of the Toyota Production System (TPS) is preferred.
The Reliability Engineer position is responsible for developing, managing and coordinating the maintenance reliability programs and activities of the location (including those shared services if applicable) key assets, utilities and support equipment (including mills, pumps, belt conveyors, screw conveyors, kilns, compressors, water supply, waste water treatment, high speed steam turbines and turbo generators) through the use of personal knowledge, engineering resources, production coordinators and maintenance employees, to ensure maximum availability of these key assets, utilities, and support equipment, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. The reliability engineer is to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. He/she selects engineering techniques to solve problems and makes recommendations including the coordination of projects for process improvements.
- Manage the reliability programs and risks involved to meet objectives in the areas of environmental health and safety, asset capability, quality and production.
- Identify best practices and improvement opportunities and coordinate their implementation within day to day activities or assigned projects
- Act as technical lead within own area of expertise and coordinate day to day repair and maintenance activities.
- Ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment/installations and spare parts incl. the replacement of key equipment/spares. These goals are measured according to defined KPIs (such as downtimes, production losses, cost).
- Provide engineering support and expertise to maintenance department for the selection, testing, installation and start-up of new production equipment required for safe, effective and efficient production of products.
Associated topics: ansys, autocad, fluid, mechanical, mechanical engineer, mechanic, proe, rotordynamic, turbomachinery, vehicle