- $66,405.00 -130,870.00/year*
101 Nichter Rd
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Engineering team at their custom processing equipment and systems facility in the Western NY region. Join a reputable, growing organization in the advanced technologies and equipment space and become a part of a dynamic team where you can realize both financial and professional career growth!
Design Engineers provide broad-based engineering and technical support for custom OEM projects and use best practices such as design for manufacturing. The role includes manufacturing support and assembly guidance, customer support for start up and repairs, and support of developmental programs in the company lab(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of project engineering, review project system requirements, technical specifications, and reference drawings to prepare layouts for parts/sub-assemblies from concept phase through detailed design & drawings.
- Execute and design sub-assemblies, drawings, and details, identifying necessary requirements for purchase, fabrication, and assembly.
- Investigate purchase parts or subassemblies through vendor communications enhancing technical specifications - to source suitable, cost-effective material supplies.
- Perform or work with in collaboration with others who perform the FEA analysis, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, statics and strength of material calculations.
- Utilize knowledge about design considerations for heat-resistant alloys.
- Create and maintain accurate and complete Bill of Materials
- Enter B.O.M in company s ERP/MRP system.
- Evaluate equipment & make recommendations regarding design improvements.
- Provide onsite support and advise manufacturing subcontractors to ensure that project deliverables are met.
- Provide system engineering support to our technology center(s) including equipment upgrades, system integration, test set up and lab event oversight.
- Provide onsite customer support for new equipment installation, start up, troubleshooting and repair.
- Provide similar role for existing equipment field retrofits.
- Capable of acting as client s primary or sole on site point of contact, comprehensively assessing field situations, relaying key information back to home office and follows their advice.
- Can maintain a professional presence even in difficult situations.
- Assemble, operate, inspect, and test machinery & components.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must possess mechanical knowledge of custom, complex OEM equipment, machines, and components including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Experience designing complete large, custom complex equipment.
- Experience with engineering calculations
- Familiarity welding, weld symbols, fabrication (especially large structural equipment), sheet metal, and mechanical drive components necessary. Ideally familiar with high temperature materials.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology and the ability to apply that knowledge to custom, innovative design concepts.
- Proficient with 3D CAD systems, such as AutoCAD and/or Inventor.
- Knowledge of best practice design techniques such as DFM, GD&T, etc. with an ability to read and interpret technical drawings. Experience creating and interpreting P&ID drawings a plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
- Strong commitment teamwork and integrating information from multi-disciplined teams.
- Strong hands on bias.
- Up to 25% travel required-both domestic & international
- US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- Local candidates to Buffalo, NY / Western NY region are highly preferred
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: bsme, design, fluid, motor, powertrain, propulsion, rotordynamic, solidworks, turbine, turbomachinery
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...