- TURNER CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
- $93,505.00 -134,290.00/year*
Division: Boston Main
Project Location(s): Boston, MA 02210 USA
Minimum Years Experience: Travel Involved: Job Type: RegularJob Classification: ExperiencedEducation:Bachelors DegreeJob Family:Environmental Health and SafetyCompensation:Salaried Exempt
Position Description: Partner with the BU EHSD, PX, PM and Superintendents to ensure project site compliance with Company Environmental, Health & Safety and risk control policies and procedures. Lead, direct and enforce safety on a single construction project or on multiple smaller projects (not to exceed combined total of $40M) within the business unit's geographic area, based on the safety staffing requirements as defined by Headquarters EH&S*. Identify, eliminate and control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and or property damage using job specific safety standards, best management practices, and the Building L.I.F.E. program.
Reports to: Business Unit EH&S Director
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Build working relationships with project staff and Subcontractor Safety Representatives.
* Contribute to the development of the overall project safety program.
* Enforce Safety Program and related policies and procedures and implement immediate corrective actions in accordance with Turner, Federal, State and Local regulations and owner requirements.
* Hold pre-construction planning meeting with subcontractors to review overall site safety program and job hazard analysis for their scope of work, and ensure plans are in place to mitigate risks.
* Ensure proper pre-planning for all activities and tasks for subcontractors and trades.
* Manage time and resource allocation appropriately to provide overall safety leadership to assigned project(s).
* Create safety reports for the project, analyzing metrics and making recommendations for improvement over baseline.
* If applicable, supervise and provide guidance for the development of Project Safety Assistant, communicating clear objectives, goals and related deliverables and holding direct reports accountable.
* Evaluate training needs and make recommendations to subcontractors.
* Actively participate in reducing Project Incident Rates by meeting or exceeding established BU goals and manage regulatory exposures to zero citations.
Qualifications: Four year degree in Occupational Safety and Health, engineering or similar with at least five (5) years of building construction safety experience preferred or equivalent education and experience. A minimum of OSHA 30 hour training, First Aid/CPR/BBP and AED training. Demonstrated knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques is required. In addition, achievement of CHST is required within two years of appointment to this position. Demonstrated ability to identify known potential exposures and lead implementation of corrective actions. Demonstrated management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing and train others. Demonstrated computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite programs.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Ability to hear bells, alarms, whistles, etc. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Associated topics: account, account manager, administrative and operational support, administrative assistant, administrative support, business, contract, financial, payroll, project manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...