Compensation: $71,970.00 - $103,370.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
IA New Hampton
Job Posting Title:
TreeHouse Foods of New Hampton, IA has an outstanding opportunity for a Maintenance Manager.General Maintenance Manager Goals
- Provide leadership as a member of the management staff;
- Coordinate all maintenance activities tied to production and the facility, including but not limited to overseeing capital projects and the PSM program, insuring the facility's safety and environmental work is current and compliant, obtaining quotes from vendors and overseeing outside contractors working in the facility;
- Plan activities for effective operations;
- Establish and maintain SOP's to keep the facility ready for customer inspections and well as governmental inspections (AIB, EPA, etc.);
- Train, coach and certify hourly employees;
- Give regular feedback to employees and management staff;
- Maintain department budget;
- Analysis reporting tied to key department metrics;
- Work with Corporate Engineering staff.
- Read, write, speak and communicate efficiently in English with a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide and compute rates, ratios and percents.
- Use adequate vision ability (depth perception and field of vision) to move around the facility safely and distinguish colors.
Minimum Skills and Abilities
- Use one or both hands to operate various communication devices, such as telephones, faxes, computers, printers and calculators.
- Read written work orders, manuals, measurement instruments and company-posted work and safety policies, procedures and programs.
- Climb stairs using one or both hands to carry materials, tools or equipment.
- Grip with one or both hands in a sitting, standing, bending, squatting or stooping position hand and power tools, above and below shoulder and/or waist level, and exert the force or control necessary to accomplish the task.
- Use both hands while standing, sitting, or bending from the waist or in a stopping or squatting position to pull, slide, push, lift, place or guide equipment and parts from 60 to 80 pounds into the assigned installation position or to remove equipment or parts from operation.
- Bend down, step through small tank openings or crawl on two hands and knees into tanks or other confined spaces; within these, use arms in all positions (above and below shoulder or waist level) to perform the necessary work.
- Using one or two hands from a sitting, standing, bending, squatting or stooping position to operate buttons, levers, switches, etc. on the equipment and machinery either individually or simultaneously.
- React quickly to sound alarms by walking fast to correct a machine failure or to evacuate the facility.
- Measures, tests, records and reacts to manufacturing processes.
- Interact well with Bay Valley Foods Associates as well as suppliers and customers.
- Maintain Meets Expectations rating on all performance appraisals.
- Meet or exceed attendance expectations.
Minimum Educational Requirements
- Proficient use of computer programs and software; PLC programming would be a plus.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures.
- Above average communication skills, both written and verbal to effectively convey and follow instructions.
- Experience working with outside contractors.
- Project management.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, manage time, set schedules, prioritize assignments and maintain accountability.
- Ability to drive continuous improvements.
- Self-starter who requires minimal direct supervision, with the ability to obtain necessary information to make decisions.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues.
- Strong leadership to effectively work and interact with other providing guidance when necessary.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Three to five years of management or supervisory experience.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field is required
- Position typically divided between office (25%) and production area(s) (75%).
- Use of hands 100% of time. Sitting, reaching and standing on an ongoing basis.
- Occasional lifting requirements of up to 100 pounds.
- Hearing and talking on an ongoing basis in an atmosphere of moderate and loud noise.
- Exposure to heat, cold, fumes and/or chemicals throughout the day.
Within the environment that Maintenance Managers must work, the employee's physical condition must be such that the employee can wear:
- Hearing protection.
- Steel-toe slip resistant footwear.
- Eye protection.
- Hand protection.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...