TranSystems, a 100% employee owned company, is dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining top professionals by providing our employees a challenging workplace, professional development and valuing teamwork. We hire people who like a challenge and are committed to improving the communities we serve.
Come grow with us!
The Boston office has an immediate opening for a Civil Rail Engineer with 3 - 5 years of experience. You will work both independently and on project teams for the design of new rail corridors, freight transfer (i.e. multi-modal) facilities, existing track improvements, and yard upgrades, for private carriers and public agencies at locations locally and nationwide.
You will be mentored by our senior staff, and have the opportunity to engage with our Client Service Teams to assist with new project pursuits, including qualifications and technical proposal preparation, Scope of Service and Fee Proposal development, and networking opportunities through professional society events.
* Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from a 4-yr accredited college or university
* Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
* Experience with engineering design packages such as MicroStation, GEOPAK and AutoCAD
* EIT Certification
* PE license or Exam eligible
* Familiarity with MassDOT and MBTA design standards
General Duties & Responsibilities
* Prepare and/or review design calculations.
* Research different design options, code requirements and present findings.
* Prepare and/or review reports, contract drawings and specifications.
* Prepare and/or review construction cost estimates.
* Receive instructions from Project Manager as to the general results expected.
* Keep Project Manager informed of workload, provide updates on project progress.
* Communicate with, and attend meetings with: clients, project team firms (subconsultants), and other project stakeholders.
* Participate in business development activities including information gathering, and preliminary design (for design-build pursuits).
* Ensure accuracy of engineering design and plans, quality presentation, thoroughness and follow-through, and conformance to budgets, schedules, and company standards.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
At TranSystems, learning never stops. There are a variety of avenues for your professional development, we're here to help you figure out the best path for you by offering:
* Project Manager Training
* Supervisor and Future Leader Training
* Online Learning Courses
* Continuing Education and Tuition Assistance
* Professional Registration/Licensing and Certification
* Professional Society Memberships
TranSystems cares about our employees and we've developed a benefits package that reflects that. We believe in supporting our employees through each stage of life with programs including:
* Flexible Schedules
* A Selection of Attractive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
* Parental Leave
* FSA and HSA
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Qualified Retirement Plan
* Employee Wellness Incentives
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one that is subject to U.S. law.