Do you have a passion for identifying risks? Are you a practical thinker who's driven to help others? This is your opportunity to give those passions and talents new purpose by applying them to meaningful work at The Hartford.
As a Risk Engineering Consultant at The Hartford, your primary role will be to protect the future of and ensure profitability for The Hartford, its business partners and agents through timely delivery of industry leading safety and risk management solutions.
This position can be hired at various levels depending on background and experience.
* Prepare for and conduct presentations to serviced accounts. The nature of the presentations can be sales (i.e.) RMS system and/or technical training related.
* Based on knowledge of the insured's business activities and needs, make recommendations that will assist the insured's management to correct and prevent the potential for future financial loss.
* Work with regional office Risk Engineering Lead/Primary Mentor and assist in all levels of training for new and experienced hires. This can include conducting report and file reviews, coaching, etc.
* Active participation in special projects that could be technical in nature (i.e.) Biotech, Technology, Industry Expertise, etc. and work to become a Subject Matter Expert in one technical discipline.
* Active participation in the RMS process - meeting with insured's, making presentations, working with claims and underwriting, etc.
* Work with Risk Engineering Manager on special projects and developing reports to support Regional Office objectives.
* A BA/BS degree is required with coursework focused on Occupational Safety and Health Studies, Fire Sciences, Pure Sciences, Engineering or related subjects is preferred.
* 8 years of industry experience in a safety related field and ability to achieve or maintain 1 professional safety certification/designation (i.e.) CSP, CIH, CPCU, CFPS, ARM, etc.
* Must have the knowledge and skill to handle all Survey and Service work assignments for all lines of business.
* Strong consultative skills. Must work at an advanced skill level when providing service. This would include the demonstration of operational loss analysis reports and accident investigations used to direct services that would eliminate or control conditions that could lead to potential losses.
* Must have the ability to complete detailed service plans; provide consultative recommendations in business letters; provide safety training to address losses (i.e.) Ergonomics, Machine Safeguarding, Industrial Hygiene; and have the ability to use the tools and products to provide the services necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Associated topics: biological engineer, biology, biomechanics, biomedical, biophysics, bioprocess, enzyme, molecular, msat, neurodegenerative
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...