PRIMARY FUNCTION: Toperform moderately complex assembly of electronic and mechanical parts andassemblies in accordance with engineering drawings and specifications.
This position follows a Compressed Work Week (4x10) schedule, standard workweek is Mon. - Thurs.
* Sets up and fabricates moderately complex electronicand mechanical assemblies utilizing various forms of written and oralinstructions, automatic and semi-automatic machines and hand tools. Specificduties vary by workload and cover a range of assembly techniques includingharness and cable fabrication, electro-mechanical assembly.
* Assists less skilled assemblers.
* Performs administrative tasks associated withassembly operations which include Manufacturing Order documentation, productionproblem transmittal generation, and shelf life maintenance.
* Resolves manufacturing problems.
* Maintains good housekeeping, safety standards, andcalibration requirements.
* May set up production equipment.
* Practices Total Quality principles and concepts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Specialized and extensive experience in mechanicalassembly techniques.
* Shop math.
* Military and commercial quality specifications.
* Ability to read and interpret complex instructions,procedures, and engineering drawings/specifications.
* Ability to use measuring instruments.
* Ability to set up and operate all fabricationequipment in area assigned.
* Ability to plan and organize work.
* Ability to concentrate while discriminating colorsand small details.
* Ability to apply math skills.
* Hand and eye coordination.
* Finger and hand dexterity.
* Electrostatic discharge procedures and methods.
* Ability to work well with others employing teamprinciples.
* Must be able to work in small confined areas
* Must be flexible in work hours
* Must be able to lift up to 20 to 30 pounds
Typically requires 3 or more years of relatedexperience with a high school diploma, or equivalent education or experience todemonstrate the ability to successfully perform the job duties.