Performs entry-level engineering assistance work. Work involves performing a wide range of entry-level transportation engineering support work.
Essential job functions may include:
• Assisting with construction and maintenance inspection
• Assisting with material sample collection and laboratory testing
• Assisting with speed zone studies
• Assisting with survey work
• Performing data collection and data entry
• Performing other duties as assigned
Employees at this level perform assignments following specific instructions and are subject to frequent review by the immediate supervisor. Available to students in a non-engineering degree program.
Summer hire salaries are based upon the applicant’s qualifications. High school or completed college hours and prior TxDOT experience (if applicable).
Qualifying Education Level
Hourly Rate No Prior
Hourly Rate with Prior TxDOT Experience
High School/High School Graduate
1 - 29 credit hours
30 - 59 credit hours
60+ credit hours
Standards of Employment
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...