Cosentini Associates (www.cosentini.com), a Tetra Tech company, invites you to consider an exciting opportunity at our New York office. We are seeking an innovative and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our renowned design team to both lead design teams and manage a portfolio of projects.
About this opportunity:
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer at Cosentini, you will have the opportunity to apply your design expertise on exciting and challenging projects. You will have the chance to mentor and impart knowledge to junior engineers and designers. At the same time, you will be working with some of the top engineers in the field, gaining additional expertise and building your reputation and career.
* Develop and evaluate system concepts and options to determine best design and engineering solution for each project based upon project scope * Develop design drawings and specifications of high- performance mechanical systems for buildings including preparation of all engineering calculations, equipment selection and layout throughout life of the project. * Lead and coordinate with engineers and designers in day to day engineering task * Attend meetings with architects, owners and building managers * Interface with clients and architect to discuss changes to designs and/or specifications * Preparing basis-of-design descriptions, responses to client comments, technical memorandums, and other project-related documentation * Coordinate with other design team members including architect and structural engineers to ensure mechanical systems are integrated with all trades * Work with leadership to manage design manpower budget and update budget to reflect revisions or changes in scope
What's so great about this job?
This is a terrific opportunity to perform innovative HVAC design on signature building systems projects in the US and internationally. This position offers career challenge and growth and provides access to a market-leading compensation and benefits package.
Why join Cosentini?
Cosentini Associates provides the following engineering services: HVAC, Electrical Power, Fire Protection, Plumbing, Energy Conservation and Sustainable Design, Code Consulting and Construction Administration Services. We have a reputation for innovative design in the global design and construction industry. As part of the Tetra Tech family, we are a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Cosentini/Tetra Tech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including, women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
What kind of candidate are we looking for?
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated engineer with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and 15+ years of experience in the design of HVAC systems for commercial, institutional and healthcare facilities. Qualifications/Skills include:
* Comprehensive knowledge and interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standards
* Strong technical skills, communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit software
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* PE registration is highly preferred in New York
* LEED AP BD+C accreditation is preferred
* Project and client relationship management experience is highly desired.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.