Cosentini Associates (www.cosentini.com), a Tetra Tech company, is seeking an innovative and experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join our renowned design team to both lead design teams and manage a portfolio of projects.
About this opportunity:
As a Senior Electrical Engineer at Cosentini, you will have the opportunity to apply your design expertise on exciting and challenging projects. You will have the chance to mentor and impart knowledge to junior engineers and designers. At the same time, you will be working with some of the top engineers in the field, gaining additional expertise and building your reputation and career.
* Develop and evaluate system concepts and options to determine best design and engineering solutions for each project based upon project scope for high rise residential, hotel, and office buildings.
* Develop design drawings and specifications of electrical systems for building electrical, lighting, and fire alarm systems, including preparation of all engineering calculations, equipment selection and layout throughout life of the project.
* Lead and coordinate with engineers, designers, technicians and clerical staff
* Interface with clients to discuss changes to designs and/or specifications
* Coordinate with other design team members including architect, and mechanical and structural engineers to ensure electrical systems are integrated with all trades
* Work with leadership to manage design manpower budget and update budget to reflect revisions or changes in scope
What's so great about this job?
This is a terrific opportunity to perform innovative Power Distribution design on signature building systems projects in the US and internationally. We are also working on \"green\" design of buildings such that, through sustainable design, they have the potential to generate more energy than they consume. This unique position offers career challenge and growth and provides access to a market-leading compensation and benefits package.
Why join Cosentini?
Cosentini Associates provides the following engineering services: HVAC, Electrical Power, Fire Protection, Plumbing, Energy Conservation and Sustainable Design, Code Consulting and Construction Administration Services. We have a reputation for innovative design in the global design and construction industry. As part of the Tetra Tech family, we are a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Cosentini/Tetra Tech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including, women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
What kind of candidate are we looking for?
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated engineer with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and 11+ years of experience in the design of building power systems for high rise residential, hotel and office buildings, and other commercial, institutional and healthcare facilities. Qualifications/Skills include:
* Comprehensive knowledge and interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standards
* Strong technical skills, communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit software
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* PE registration is highly preferred.
* Project and client relationship management experience is highly desired.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.