PCMC, BOM Manager
Compensation: $107,300.00 - $159,640.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the new Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others. Position Summary and Responsibilities
Responsible for the planning and implementing of activities related to the Bill of Materials including lead time, material purchase, material control, inventory control and shipping/receiving store functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with Engineering to release initial BOM (Bill of Materials) with lead time, alternate parts, and other applicable information.
- Participate in Engineering Change Reviews and Approval process for the PCMC group
- Serve as the local Costpoint MRP Expert and as a resource for questions and process improvement
- Create Purchase Requisitions
- Manage MRP stock
- Ensures the master production schedule is aligned with the BOM.
- Work closely with department team to ensure schedules are consistent with program requirements
- Ensures complete discipline and adherence to process control
- Supports overall program or product production schedule and critical path analysis
- Works with the financial department to assist meeting financial metrics, such as PoNC
- Assists in ensuring compliance with audits performed by the Government and other primes
- Creates a Material Acquisition Plan to analyze inventory requirements and determine the critical path for materials and sub-assemblies
- Works with Supply Chain to ensure material or service timely availability to support on time deliveries, reports status to product team on a regular basis
- Leads product or program close-out process; ensures accuracy and physical count of program owned inventory, works with Quality Engineering, Program Office, Shipping and Contracts to disposition the residual assets according to customer direction before the end of the contract
- Prepares manufacturing performance and status reports
- Frequently works with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for tracking and reporting of data
- Work to improve traceability and visibility of critical items in the system
- Works with Operations functional teams, Engineering, Business Operations, Contracts, Quality Engineering and Export Control to ensure on time hardware delivery and material control while promoting Quality philosophy
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Qualifications & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Costpoint ERP experience is a plus
- Familiar with MRP systems especially Dynafact
- Familiarity with ITAR regulations
- Ability to read and understand drawings/prints including notes and Bill of Materials
- Skills in analyzing results for reports and presentations
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes, quality requirements and inventory management in product based high mix, low volume production environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate across departments and resolve issues in a timely manner
- General knowledge of MES/Software products and implementation
- Supply chain and procurement experience would be a plus
- APICS Certifications are a plus
- Ability to recommend changes to policies and established procedures
- Ability to work on issues of a diverse scope where analysis of situations or data require evaluation of a variety of factors
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Advanced computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Project)
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or some college with at least five (5) years of experience in inventory or production control, in ISO9001 or AS9100 qualified high-tech manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with inventory control database, ERP and/or MES solutions
- Experience leading process improvement efforts within Supply Chain function
- Understanding of ISO9001 or AS9100
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
What can Teledyne offer YOU?Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year
Loading some great jobs for you...