Site Reliability Engineer - W2 ONLY
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Summary W2- ONLY MUST HAVE SKILLS:
We are looking for a Dev/Ops Engineer from a dev background with experience in cloud migrations. The ideal tech stack is below.
***We do not need an expert in all. We need experience with all and depth in 1***
1) Terraform - This person will be building Infrastructure-as-Code using Terraform. This person should have experience using Terraform for migration of existing applications into public cloud. An ideal candidate needs experience with Modules. We are looking for experience creating, changing, and migrating infrastructure as code.
2) Azure - This person will be part of an effort to move 29 platforms to Azure. Each of these platforms has 3-5 products and each product has 6-12 distinct services or workloads. This person should have experience migrating applications from private data centers into Azure.
3) Kubernetes - Kubernetes is being used as the containerization platform for moving these applications into Azure. An ideal candidate will have experience implementing and configuring Kubernetes as well building containers and developing applications in containers.
4) Applications development experience - We are looking for candidates who come from development backgrounds. The tech stacks for these workloads are across the board including Java, .NET, PHP, Python, and others. The critical skill set here is understanding applications development.
5) Network Operations - This person should be familiar with how hosting infrastructure works as part of the migration. This person should have understanding of how the 7 layers of a network interact.
Our client is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer with proven industry experience to join our Systems Engineering team. Our teams are collaborative and forward thinking; the successful candidate will help shape the operations and support for critical Windows and Linux based applications, customers and projects, working closely with Development, QA, IT Operations and Customer Operations teams. You will be required to communicate and solve problems effectively, whilst handling a fast-paced working environment. This will be combined with a transition to DevOps practices, agile support and deployment processes. Main Responsibilities
* Delivery of resilient application stacks via 'Infrastructure as Code' and other DevOps practices.
* Monitoring and on-going support of critical, high revenue business applications.
* Diagnosis and resolution of complex system and application issues.
* Working with diverse technical and non-technical teams, including Development, QA, IT Operations, Customer Operations and Project Management teams.
* Write and maintain systems / application documentation for technical and non-technical audiences. Essential Skills and Attributes
* Configuration Management tools - e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef or equivalents.
* Professional experience of working within the public cloud - Azure, AWS or GCP.
* Hands-on experience of Linux and Windows server including support and troubleshooting.
* System and application monitoring - e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios etc.
* Professional Experience with common source control tools - e.g Git, SVN
* Cloud Architecture and system design to solve key business problems and facilitate team goals.
* Strong and enthusiastic technologist, able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to act as a point of expertise, advise others in the team on best practices and impart knowledge. Desirable Skills
* Use of orchestration tools such as Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation
* Experience migrating application from on-premises to public cloud.
* Experience with Blue-Green deployment methodologies.
* Continuous Integration/Delivery tools - e.g Gitlab or Jenkins.
* Experience working with containerised workloads such as Docker.
* Experience with Log Management tools e.g - Elastic Stack, Graylog or Splunk
* Experience working with an enterprise RDBMS such as MySQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server.
* Knowledge of change control and associated procedures.
* Use of Secret Management services e.g - Hashicorp Vault
* Experience with any high-level programming language. Qualifications
* BSc Engineering/Computer Science or relevant experience.
* Proven background working in a technical, IT related position.
* Desirable - AWS / Azure Certifications Benefits
* The opportunity to work on a full range of challenging and interesting technologies and help to conquer some of the next generation of problems in risk data analytics
* Get to make a real difference to our customers and society
* Help us to continually evolve and modernize our Technology stack, including contributing to our technology radar and the evolution of our products
* The opportunity to learn a multitude of technologies, including but not limited to: AWS, Azure, Docker, Ansible, and Terraform About TEKsystems: We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...