TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com
and on LinkedIn
TE Connectivity's R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products and introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including schematics, PCBA parts lists, bills of materials, engineering change orders, design validation plans, product specifications, testing requirements and test reports. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Responsibilities
The Electrical Engineer will work within the Piezo and Ultrasound design engineering team in Hampton, VA. The Piezo/Ultrasound engineering team utilizes piezoelectric PVDF film and PZT, along with the associated electronics, to create unique transducers for sensing applications in a wide array of markets.
Working alongside other design engineers, manufacturing engineers and the project manager, it will be the responsibility of the engineer to develop, test and launch new sensor products based upon customer requirements. Additionally, the engineer will improve upon existing designs and support manufacturing operations with design changes and updates.Education and Experience
- Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a manufacturing or design environment
- Analog circuit design
- Digital circuit design - including microcontroller-based systems for sensor signal conditioning
- Printed circuit board design
- Including layout using the following tools:
- Orcad Schematic Capture and Layout
- Altium Schematic Capture and Layout
- Troubleshooting techniques for analog and digital circuits
- Designing for EMC and environmental requirements, including test plan, test procedure, and test report ownership
- Understanding of the New Product Development (NPD) process including the Phase/Gate system
- Full scope of sensor design from concept, to validation to production
- Six Sigma skills/certification a plus
- Hands on skills for building and testing prototypes
- Ultrasound design experience a plus
What TE Offers
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Drive for Results
- Listening Skills
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Healthcare for associates and their families, including eligible domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement benefits (401k matching) and more...
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
TE is now one of the largest sensor companies in the world, with innovative sensor solutions that help customers transform concepts into smart, connected creations. TE's unmatched portfolio of intelligent, efficient and high-performing sensor solutions are used for customers across several industries, from automotive, industrial and commercial transportation and aerospace and defense, to medical solutions and consumer applications.
Associated topics: bsee, circuit, diagram, electrical, electrical engineer, hardware, image processing, msee, rf, signal processing