- Takeda pharmaceuticals north america
- $94,360.00 -141,170.00/year*
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director of Biotherapeutic Engineering, Global Biologics in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Director of Biotherapeutic Engineering, Global Biologics , you will be empowered to develop innovative therapeutics delivered as novel modalities and contribute to the development of organizational culture and capabilities. A typical day will include:
* Strong organizational leader guiding a large team across two domestic sites in the discovery and optimization of biologics across therapeutic areas: IO/Oncology, GI/Immunology, CNS, and Rare Disease.
* Orchestrate strategy and cutting-edge technology platforms to develop innovative therapeutics delivered as novel modalities including bispecifics, protein fusions, drug conjugates, cell therapies, and gene therapies.
* Key member of the Biologics Leadership Team to support framing departmental strategy and evolve interface across therapeutic areas to enhance pipeline support and accelerate programs to IND.
* Uses enterprise mindset with a broad view across the portfolio that informs resourcing and prioritization of programs under direct remit
* Significantly contribute to the development of organizational culture and capabilities by driving strong alliances across units within Global Biologics and therapeutic areas.
* Contributes to continual deepening of domain expertise through external network
* development; evaluates new opportunities in partnership with business development and strategic academic alliances.
* Develops the next-generation of organizational and project leaders, acts as a champion for new opportunities
* Responsible for effective management and utilization of resources for driving optimal pipeline support via project team contributions and focused, therapeutic area consultation.
* Outstanding expertise and depth of knowledge in antibody/protein engineering, directed evolution, developability, and drug discovery.
* Keeps up with the up-to-date scientific advancement of therapeutic delivery and translational science.
* Has significant managerial responsibility to foster team-centric culture and further refine departmental infrastructure
* Independently manages workload and expectations
* Scientifically independent
* Scientific driver for research strategy that impacts group internally and outside area of function
* Initiates and leads external interactions and collaborations
* Frequent contact with internal and external personnel at various management levels
* Determines methods on new assignments; makes strategic recommendations on technology platforms and deployment tailored to each therapeutic program.
* Role requires developing a balanced scientific strategy through internal technology development and external partnerships supported by business development.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
* PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 10+ years experience , or MS with 14+ years experience, or BS with 16+ years experience
* 5 years of Industry experience required
* 5 years of managerial experience required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
* 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
* Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
* Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
* Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
* Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Associated topics: bioinformatic, biological engineer, biology, biomedical, biomedical engineer, bioprocess, hereditary, neuroscience, pain, pathogenesis
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...