Engineer I, Service
Sysmex America in Stephens City, VA
- Industry: Engineering - Biological And Biomedical Engineer
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $88,650.00 - 143,370.00 / Year*
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Service Engineer I (SE I). The SE I is an entry level Service Engineer position responsible for servicing Sysmex product lines in an assigned territory, with frequent travel within a specific geographic district. The position may require support to other districts as necessary. The SE I is a continuous learning position and is expected to independently service the majority of Sysmex equipment while rotating between classroom training and field mentoring. The SE I works under close supervision of the District Service Manager, SE III, SE Lead, and training group. This position is responsible for ensuring and maximizing customer satisfaction with Sysmex product lines through technical excellence and direct customer communications. This position is also responsible for ensuring that all units and systems continue to operate to specifications. This is accomplished primarily by regular and complete scheduled maintenance and repair services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Install, maintain, and repair Sysmex instruments and systems, including:
- Identifying and analyzing instrument problems,
- Repairing to meet specifications,
- Escalating exceptional issues to minimize customer down-time.
- Performing pre-installation site surveys, installations, scheduled maintenance, and approved modifications in accordance with Sysmex policies.
- Scheduling modifications as indicated in the Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) and Engineering Change Request (ECR) processes.
- Monitor and respond to communication devices during all scheduled times
2. Support and provide ownership of technical issues at existing customer sites.
3. Work cross-functionally with other Sysmex Associates (SE/TC/HSAM/CAS) to ensure total customer resolution and maximize very satisfied customer base.
4. Properly document all service related activities in a timely and professional manner including inventory, service orders, expense reports, and all other required records.
5. Perform duties within defined service standards, including but not limited to on-time and within labor hour goals for scheduled maintenance, demand service events, installations, and first-visit repair rates.
6. Miscellaneous duties include:
- Maintain expenses within guidelines
- Maintain high level of customer account management and organization skills
- Maintain control of parts inventory and all company property
- Perform duties in such a manner as to develop confidence, promote goodwill, and Maintain or improve credibility with regard to quality of products and customer service
- Promote Sysmex America, Inc. as a leader in the diagnostic market
- Promote effective, positive and productive communication and teamwork between all Sysmex personnel.
7. Other duties and projects as may be assigned.
- Associates Degree required or 6 years equivalent experience in electronics, laboratory/biomedical technology, or military experience in a technical field. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- A valid driver s license as this role requires driving and loading and unloading from the vehicle items such as tools, equipment, parts and supplies.
- Direct experience with Sysmex Hematology instruments in a service, applications, technical support, or other capacity would be desirable.
- Prior field service or laboratory experience is preferred.
- Electronics, biomedical or laboratory science
- Completion of Sysmex-certified instrument training
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written; second language desirable (Spanish, French or Portuguese)
- General computer knowledge in a Windows environment is required. Basic knowledge of LIS systems and interfacing principles desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to explain in simple and understandable terms complex technical information associated with Sysmex instrument systems
- Outstanding listening skills, patience and understanding
- Demonstrated presentation and influence skills
- Team orientation; demonstrated facilitation skills.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Associated topics: bioengineering, biomaterials, biomedical, bioprocessing, enzyme, medical, metabolic, msat, neurodegenerative, pathogenesis
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!