- $88,420.00 -141,170.00/year*
Synthego is looking for highly motivated Field Application Scientists (FAS) to join our team to support Synthego's portfolio of gene editing tools, sgRNA and engineered cells. Above all else, we are looking for a positive and enthusiastic candidate with a strong scientific background and a keen eye for detail.
The Field Application Scientist is a position critical to supporting Synthego's scientific and commercial organizations and our customer's technical needs in the constantly evolving domain of genome engineering.
The FAS will maintain close interactions with the production, support, applications, research and sales teams to ensure that Synthego's customers experience excellent technical success and world-class customer support.
MUST HAVE Experience with and knowledge of CRISPR editing in mammalian cells
What You'll Do
* Own the technical and scientific success of our customers' experience with Synthego's CRISPR genome engineering products.
* Provide excellent onsite and remote scientific and customer support throughout the entire CRISPR experimental outline: pre-experimental design, in experiment optimization and troubleshooting, and post-experiment support.
* Expertise in the use of Synthego's online bioinformatic tools.
* Directly support the sales team and customers on site and remotely via email and phone by providing pre- and post-experiment technical expertise, evaluation design, and delivering technical presentations.
* Gather and document customer's technical challenges to consolidate as market feedback for the science, product and marketing teams.
* Develop and nurture scientific relationships with key opinion leaders within the CRISPR research community.
* Passionately deliver presentations on Synthego's Genome Engineering expertise to small and large customer audiences.
* Maintain a good working knowledge of relevant CRISPR publications, keep up to date on the latest reports and research trends from the literature and attend relevant conferences.
* Support the development of technical and scientific content for presentations, webinars and posters for conferences and other scientific communication forums.
* Support the development of product manuals, application notes, and technical support documents to enable customer success.
* Develop and deliver technical training to internal and external commercial personnel
* PhD in a relevant biological field (e.g., Molecular/Cell Biology, Microbiology, Synthetic Biology), or relevant experience.
* 2+ years laboratory experience in the Life Sciences/Biotechnology with an emphasis on genome engineering, culture of cell lines or primary cells, and transfection techniques.
* Experience with and knowledge of CRISPR editing in mammalian cells
* Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work in a fast paced, startup culture and team environment.
* 2 + years of industry experience in the Life Sciences / Biotechnology sector with preference for a customer facing FAS or equivalent position.
* Excellent communication, collaborative and networking skills with external scientists, customers, internal scientists, technical support and sales teams.
* Evidence of ability to work in multi-faceted and dynamic teams
* Ability to deliver clear, technically proficient written and oral presentations for customer facing and inter-team communications.
* Ability to travel at 60%-75% time while covering the appropriate regional biotechnology sector(s) with some international travel.
* Based in a home office
* Up to 60 - 70% will be spent in the field with a regional focus
* International travel may be required
Company Benefits & Perks
* Competitive salary
* Generous equity at an early stage company
* Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
* 401k Plan
Synthego's vision is to turn biology into an information science, with the ultimate goal of dramatically extending the healthy human lifespan.
Synthego builds advanced bioinformatics and automated hardware platforms to create next-generation molecular biology tools, starting with full-stack genome engineering.
These world-class tools accelerate basic scientific discovery, critical disease cures and novel synthetic biology applications to improve and prolong life.
Associated topics: agrosciences, air monitoring, biodiversity, climate, environment, environmental, epa, farm, water monitoring, wetlands
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...