- Surterra Holdings
- $93,560.00 -148,980.00/year*
In collaboration with Surterra's research team, product team, and processing team, the Formulation Scientist will be responsible for developing, evaluating, and characterizing targeted micro- and nano-medicines and formulations to provide enhanced pharmacokinetic benefits to Surterra's patients across multiple product delivery mechanisms.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Works with the Surterra research team to formulate new products, from development to commercialization, focused micro- and nano-formulations to control product absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion parameters
* Develops specifications for new and/or reformulated products
* Establishes guidelines and criteria for acceptance and testing across all stages of the product development process
* Creates and delivers on project timelines in collaboration with Surterra's product team, including determining milestones and critical path items
* Participates in team-driven activities to facilitate new product development and continuous process improvement
* Conducts stability studies on formulations, performs HPLC, LC/MS, CE, etc. testing
* Assists with intellectual property activities, including patent development and patent searches
* Document data and results according to applicable compliance (such as cGMP or cGLP)
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Experience with micro- and nano-particle preparation techniques, biophysical/chemical characterization, and surface modification
* Foundation in chemical, biological, or biochemical sciences or materials engineering with experience in the field of drug delivery
* Strong understanding of cGMP guidelines (with knowledge of FDA regulations related to the pharmaceutical industry)
* Experience with HPLC and other stability testing methods
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
* Analytically and communicatively intelligent.
* Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
* Knowledge of customer service, inventory management (including software) and regulatory compliance.
* Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
* Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
* Ability to pass a background check, including drug testing, to be registered as an employee of a licensed organization in Florida, Texas, and/or other Surterra geographies
* Comfort with security protocols, including video monitoring and employee tracking.
* An ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
* Possess a PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioorganic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Sciences/Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related fields with 3+ years of academic/industry experience in drug delivery, nanoparticle formulation, and/or controlled drug release platforms; OR possess an MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioorganic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Sciences/Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related fields with 5-10 years of academic/industry experience in drug delivery, nanoparticle formulation, and/or controlled drug release platforms,
* The ability to lift 20-50 pounds as needed.
* The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
* The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
* The ability to work in extreme weather.
* The ability to wear personal protective gear during portions of the day.
6 CORE VALUES OF A SURTERRA EMPLOYEE
* Integrity - We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
* Collaboration - We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
* Agility - We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment's notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly ?and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
* Intentionality - Intentionality requires action ?it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
* Alignment - Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don't have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don't revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
* Accountability - Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. ? Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. ? Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off- load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team's success.
Associated topics: bioengineering, biology, biophysics, biosynthetic, enzyme, medical, molecular, neuroscience, pathogenesis, pharmaceutical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...