- SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- $73,153.33 -157,310.00/year*
101 Nichter Rd
Additional Position Information: Brief Description of Duties:
- Perform repairs, preventive maintenance and calibrations on general use instrumentation.
- Perform acceptance testing on general use instrumentation.
- Assist with modification of instrumentation, with supervision.
- Construct and test prototypes of electronic and/or electromechanical apparatus.
- Collect information and prepares orders for parts and supplies for purchase.
- Write work reports, prepare drawings, parts lists and other technical documentation, maintaining current personal technical laboratory workbook and necessary records relating to work flow/assignments status.
- Interface with clinical staff and/or equipment users.
- Assist in the development, writing and/or modification of test procedures.
- Communicate with vendors, manufacturers or manufacturer reps.
- Participate in updating of laboratory tool, equipment and supply inventory.
- Perform data entry as pertains to work assignments, and keep work status records up to date.
- Attend in-service seminars.
- Perform overtime as requested, on-call/recall duties on a scheduled basis and respond to emergency calls.
- Participate in special projects at direction of supervisor, associate director or director.
- Maintain and secure personally assigned tools and supplies; ensure safe, orderly and clean work areas.
- Adhere to the SUNY Downstate Medical Center University Hospital of Brooklyn s Principles of Behavior.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABOVE POSITION DESCRIPTION
All successful candidates must undergo various background checks, maintain credentials required for continued employment and adhere to the SUNY-DMC UHB Principles of Behavior. Clinical Faculty and Allied Health professionals must receive and maintain Medical Board authorization. Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience working with hospital equipment; Knowledge of service agreements, maintenance and repairs.
Associated topics: biochemistry, bioengineering, biomedical, biophysics, biosynthetic, genetic, hereditary, metabolic, neuroscience, pathogenesis
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...