Stepan Company is a global manufacturer of specialty chemicals headquartered in Northfield, Illinois United States located throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia. Founded in 1932, we provide innovative chemical solutions for a cleaner healthier and a more energy-efficient world. Located in Winder, GA
The main responsibilities include :
* You will manage manufacturing (Planning, Production and warehousing) to ensure Health, Safety & Environmental, operational, financial and customer service targets are achieved and develop the team and area in line with business need.
* You will be Responsible for managing the safe operation of plant and equipment in line within internal and legislative requirements
* You will ensure that all employees within the operations area are suitably trained in all aspects of HSE to deliver appropriate performance.
* You will drive continuous improvement in HSE performance within manufacturing area
* You will ensure accidents and near miss reports are investigated and steps taken to address root causes in a cost effective manner.
* You will promote and maintain a behavioral Safety culture in the operations area
* You will deliver HSE targets in line with site BSC
* You will be responsible for the setting and delivery of production plans.
* You will ensure availability of identified capacity bottlenecks and proposals for the next steps for plant capacity increases
* You will ensure stock accuracy of materials within SAP system and ensure accurate data in SAP for all processes
* You will be responsible for the minimization of restricted stock levels
* You will responsible for ensuring all Standard Operating Procedures are available, up to date and in use.
* You will ensure on time dispatch and targets are achieved in regards to customer service.
* You will ensure that root causes of manufacturing related customer complaints are identified and addressed in a cost effective way in a timely manner.
* You will connect with technical and commercial functions to ensure customer requirements are fully defined and understood.
* You will manage the team members and ensure their performance is in line with the expectations set out in their role profiles
* You will ensure each area individual has clear development and training plans and deliver plans in line with business need
* You will recruit and select team members for area and undertake disciplinary action according to the procedure when required
* You will ensure that RTF Quality targets are met
* You will develop QAS processes on site with help of QA Manager
* You will support, promote and demonstrate use of the SQE Quality approach in all aspects of work.
* You will ensure delivery on budget with fixed cost performance for manufacturing budgets
* You will Identify and deliver cost reduction opportunities for area to ensure that resource and material variances are minimized.
Qualification skills and personal qualities :
* 5 plus years of experience * BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering * Prefer experience in chemical operation