OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY
We are looking for results-oriented, driven individuals with a thirst for problem solving.
connect with us: azdeq.gov LinkedIn
Environmental Technician 1-3
Air Quality Assessment Section
AIR QUALITY DIVISION
At ADEQ our vision is to be the number one state in the nation in balanced, leading-edge environmental protection; through technical and operational excellence; and radical simplicity for customers and staff. We are currently looking for employees who are committed to our Agency, passionate to excel in their career and engaged in our mission. Only this caliber of employee will be successful in driving our Agency towards accomplishing our vision.
As an Environmental Technician, you will perform laboratory and field tests to monitor the environment and investigation sources of pollution, including those that affect health, under the direction of an environmental scientist, engineer, or other specialist. We will rely on you to collect samples of gases, soil, water, and other materials for testing and may also calibrate test instruments.
Do you think you have the combination of commitment, passion, and talent to help drive this Agency to realizing our vision? If so, apply today. To learn more about us, our organizational habits known as the ADEQ Way, our culture, and other positions we have open, visit us at DEQ/careers
Ideal candidate will possess:
* Bachelor's degree in environmental/chemical engineering, environmental technology/scientists
* Associate's degree plus 0-3 years of experience for level 1 or Bachelor's degree of higher in related field
* Associate's degree plus 4-7 years of experience for level 2 or Bachelor's degree or higher with 1-5 years' experience
* Associate's degree plus 7-10 years of experience for level 3 or Bachelor's degree or higher with 6-8 years' experience
* Driver's license - Possession of and the ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license is required
* Ability to operate, maintain and calibrate environmental monitoring equipment at an advanced level; collect representative environmental samples according to standard operating procedures and follow guidance documents
* Knowledge of gaseous and particulate instrumentation, Auto-GC, communication equipment, quality assurance and control, data entry using relational database; existing and new environmental monitoring techniques and equipment; methodologies and techniques for collecting environmental data including the design and function of environmental monitoring equipment and State and Federal environmental regulations.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
* An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
* We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
* We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
Click APPLY to submit your resume
Arizona State Government is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Having trouble applying for this position? Email [email protected] or call 602-###-#### for assistance.
Associated topics: air, air monitoring, bioassay, biodiversity, ecology, environmental science, farm, food, water, water monitoring