- $92,010.00 -134,290.00/year*
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving?whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our Burlington, MA office is moving to a new location this year!! You have to check this out! (copy and paste link in browser)
Stantec's New England Transportation practice has an immediate need for a talented, team focused Senior Traffic Engineer with a minimum of 15 years of experience to serve as project manager or lead traffic engineer for transportation engineering and transportation improvement projects. This position is for a Senior Traffic Engineer with a minimum of 15 years progressive design and project management experience on municipal, agency and other transportation projects. You will lead a design team and play a crucial role to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality technical services and tracking overall project performance for projects of varying scale and complexity, from conceptual through final design. You will also make a substantial contribution to our pursuits of new projects in Massachusetts and throughout New England to grow our transportation practice. The ongoing success of our group will allow you to set the pace of your career. The position will be primarily located in our Burlington, MA office with opportunities to work in our Quincy, MA and Boston, MA offices.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Evaluate and develop solutions to improve mobility for all users, integrating Complete Streets and urban mobility best practices.
* Management and oversight for tasks such as traffic safety analysis, intersection design, traffic signal design, roadway signing and pavement markings layout, maintenance of traffic and traffic operations analysis and simulation.
* Oversee multimodal transportation analyses with a focus on mobility within complex urban settings and institutions
* Experience with various design software/tools (Synchro, HCS, Sidra, Vissim, etc.) for multi-modal operations analysis for a variety of conditions and needs at specific intersections, along arterial corridors, and for freeway segments and interchanges.
* Preparation and review of written technical reports to document the results of engineering/planning studies.
* Responsible for office production and overall QA/QC of traffic engineering elements of transportation projects, including reports, plans, specifications and cost estimates.
* Interact directly with agency and local municipal clients and review agencies at project meetings and ensure that all client project designs meet and exceed engineering standards.
* Effectively present information at public meetings and to municipal boards.
* Establish and nurture relationships with key clients and review agencies.
* Provide leadership to grow traffic engineering staff, influence, mentor and train team members with positive growth-oriented perspective
* Preparation of written proposals, participation in interviews and contract negotiations
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Collaborates effectively within project teams and with other groups and company offices
* Comprehensive understanding of all phases of project development.
* Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
* Familiarity with MassDOT design standards.
* Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of project tasks within the overall project schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
* Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite, including MS Project
* Experience in traffic modeling/analysis software
* Demonstrates strong collaboration, facilitation, and teamwork skills
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field.
* Licensed Professional Engineer, if out-of-state then ability to obtain registration in Massachusetts within 3 months.
* PTOE desired.
* Minimum of 15-20 years of experience. More experienced individuals are encouraged to apply as the responsibilities of the position are flexible based on experience level.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Other Locations: United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Massachusetts-Quincy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002LO
Associated topics: cad, civil engineering, draw, electrical, equipment, gs 0801, gs 0830, mechanical, petroleum, revit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...