Stantec is a Top 10 design firm in the US and New England. We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your role will manage the construction of one of New England's largest, high profile and most complex infrastructure projects working for the engineer of record and coordinating with a large team of designers, contractors, and project stakeholders.
The Construction Manager/Field Engineer will assist and lead the following tasks and report to the Senior Construction Manager/Resident Engineer and Project Manager.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Monitoring daily construction activity for conformance with contract documents, quality, budget, and schedule
* Monitoring, budgeting and project/program cost control
* Collaborating and coordinating daily onsite construction activities with the design team, owner, general contractor, subcontractors, suppliers and other abutters and project stakeholders
* Reading and interpreting of the plans and specifications
* Coordinating, overseeing, and interpreting material sampling and testing including soil, concrete, and subgrade compaction testing
* Oversight of construction roadway and utility survey layout
* Documenting, preparing, and maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly field reports, photos and videos, and correspondence
* Identifying and documenting non-conforming construction, or potential delays and cost over-runs
* Reviewing contractor claims and change orders
* Reviewing and making recommendation for responses and approval of contractor requests for information, shop drawings, and construction procedures
* Reviewing and approving monthly contractor pay requisitions
* Participating in weekly, and as needed, job meetings with design project manager, owner, and contractor
* The position will report full-time to the field office in Boston, MA until completion of the construction contract(s)
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
* Site/field experience overseeing projects working for a construction management firm, contractor, architect/designer, or owner
* Scheduling, construction sequence, and traffic management working at airports
* Transportation and site construction experience including roadway, bridge, tunnel and utility construction
* Strong technical, written and verbal communication skills, organization and time management
* 4-year degree, associate degree, or certificate, in construction Management, civil engineering, or other applicable degree
* Proficiency in MS Office. AutoCAD and Primavera P6 is preferred.
* Experience with MassDOT, Massport, or similar standard construction specifications.
* Minimum 5 - 10 years' experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston