- $92,010.00 -134,290.00/year*
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec's Water practice has an opportunity for a highly motivated Civil Engineering Intern/Co-op to join their team in Burlington or Boston, MA. starting in September 2019.
As an Intern, you will work in a team environment and have exposure to water infrastructure projects which may include water and wastewater plants, pump stations, water supply, distribution, etc. Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken water resources or water-treatment-type courses. This is a terrific opportunity for a college student to support a few exciting local and national projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Interns will be introduced to projects ranging from design of wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations, sewers, watermains, and roadways. Possible projects' phases include planning, design and construction.
* Design and drafting, review of drawings and calculations, data analysis, quantity take-offs, simple structural calculations, and field inspection.
* Tasks may include exposure to ArcGIS and AutoCAD.
* Assisting engineers in the preparation of contract documents and reports
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Minimum requirements include Microsoft Office Suite and some exposure to AutoCAD Design programs
* Enthusiastic and motivated to learn and develop technical skills
* Ability to collaborate with professionals
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Education and Experience
* In progress toward earning a Bachelor's degree (minimum) or Master's in civil, chemical, water resources and environmental engineering or related field
* Specific coursework or exposure to one or more of the following: Planning, design, construction of water/wastewater infrastructure, and construction management, Environmental water/wastewater treatment processes, Advanced and emerging technologies.
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Other Locations: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190002G4
Associated topics: building, concrete, department of transportation, drainage, draw, infrastructure, land, structural analysis, superstructure, transportation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...