Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
The role of Civil Engineer is to work as a team member of a small and large projects. You should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project. A Civil Engineer will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations, drawing preparation and field work. The projects that a Civil Engineer may be assigned to may be broad, varied and diverse in scope. This role also analyzes proposed projects to ensure reliability, resource efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
From residential and commercial developments to industrial, recreational, and institutional projects, our experience is broad. Grow your career with our Community Development Group in Boston, MA! In this role you may be supporting our teams working to redevelop the former Kraft Foods property in Woburn to a mixed use development and to redevelop Union Square in Somerville.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Engages in the development of a design throughsketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
* Utilizes technologies in development of threedimensional models of civil systems.
* Provides direction and guidance for junior engineers/designers.
* Prepares and revises documentation in various civilphases including site plans, utility designs, and stormwater management.
* Leads project coordination meetings with internal team membersand/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, andvendors.
* Participates in owner / client meetings relative toproject strategy.
* Assists senior engineers/designers with developing andmanaging the project scope, budget, staffing, and schedule.
* Performs and oversees the performance of calculationsusing company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
* Utilizes advanced techniquesfor the analysis of specialized civil elements .
* Conducts quality assurance and quality control on ownprojects
YourCapabilities and Credentials
* Requisite knowledge and application of National CivilCode and applicable energy codes.
* General understanding of all phases of project documentproduction and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
* Ability to effectively discuss project issues withclients and reviewing agencies.
* Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completenessand manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
* Thorough understanding of civil engineering concepts andability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
* Presentation and interview skills are preferred.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and relevant designsoftware, which may include AutoCAD Civil3D,HydroCAD, GIS, and StormCAD,.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering.
* Licensed Professional Engineer preferred
* Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers. Field work may include
exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties orresponsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties,responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any timewith or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's
talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us
and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston