Strong communities don't just happen?they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion?and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
The role of a Civil Engineer is to work as a team member of a small and large projects under the guidance and supervision of a senior engineer/designer. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include calculations, drawing preparation, and field work. The projects that a Civil Engineer may be assigned to may be broad, varied and diverse in scope.
A Civil Engineer will assist more senior engineers/designers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments
From residential and commercial developments to industrial, recreational, resort, and institutional projects, our experience is broad. Grow your career with our Community Development Group in Boston, MA! In this role you will be supporting our teams working to redevelop the former Kraft Foods property in Woburn to a mixed use development and to redevelop Union Square in Somerville.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Supports project team in development of design documentation, plans, and reports for relevant project design elements.
* Utilizes technologies in development of three dimensional models of civil systems.
* Coordinates with other disciplines to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
* Assists in the review of shop drawings and submittals, responds to request for information, prepares site observation reports, and performs other contract administration tasks.
* Assists with the development of job specific discipline specifications.
* Attends project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
* Participates in value engineering and basic cost estimating.
* Performs calculations to analyze and design civil system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Working knowledge and application of the National Civil Code, energy codes, and other pertinent codes relative to jurisdictions and developing jurisdictional experience and contacts.
* Basic understanding of all phases of engineering document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
* Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
* Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
* Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD, as well as relevant software programs which may include Civil3D, GIS, HydroCAD and StormCAD.
* Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the design team.
* Developing ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering.
EIT required; Licensed Professional Engineer license preferred
Minimum of 2-4 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston