- $92,010.00 -134,290.00/year*
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Civil EIT is to work as a team member on small and large projects under the guidance of a Senior Engineer or Project Manager in our Aviation Group. The Civil EIT will work to develop skills in evaluating, selecting, specifying, and engineering transportation systems for projects.
For this position the Civil EIT will perform a variety of tasks which may include assisting with the development of plans and specification for airport facilities such as runways, taxiways and aircraft parking aprons, as well as roads, general civil/site development, storm water collection and treatment, and other projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Uses knowledge of the general concepts of relevant civil engineering elements including the design of roadways, drainage, grading, etc.
* Performs civil engineering design tasks on assigned transportation or development related projects.
* Performs basic calculations.
* Assists in the preparation of engineering calculations, project document reports, client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects, depending on experience.
* Attends and assists in client/contractor/stakeholder meetings to gain a better understanding of client's goals, depending on experience.
* Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate correct actions.
* Utilizes relevant software programs to prepare exhibits and complex working drawings. Continues to develop skills using software programs for design and/or drafting.
* Performs duties as an on-site quality assurance resident engineer/resident inspector during construction of airport related development projects and other civil/site development projects.
* Performs other duties of a nature and level as appropriate and as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
* Ability to sit, stand and walk for significant periods of time, ability to walk over/traverse uneven ground
* Valid Driver's License
* Ability to take initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the design team.
* Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
* Basic knowledge and proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, as well as relevant software programs which may include, Auto Turn, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, and PondPack is highly desirable
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering, Survey Engineering Technology, Construction Engineering/Management Technology from ABET accredited program and having obtained Engineering Intern Certification (Fundamentals of Engineering Exam) with the aim of obtaining full professional licensure.
1 to 2 years of experience as an entry level engineer or as a student intern at an engineering or construction related firm is highly desirable.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Designer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Other Locations: United States-New York-New York
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000GW
Associated topics: calculation, civil, concrete, draw, foundation design, remedial, road, structural analysis, superstructure, traffic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...