- Spirit Cruises
- $96,010.00 -138,950.00/year*
Job title: Assistant to the Fleet Engineer - full, and part time positions available
FLSA status: Exempt, non-exempt positions available
Reports to: Director of Marine Operations
* Assist the engineering team in maintaining and repairing as needed- various systems around the ship including, but not limited to engines, generators, pumps, boilers, plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, ventilation, heating and cooling systems, water (potable, raw, black, and gray) fire suppression, communications, navigation systems and aesthetics
* Perform general maintenance and repair work for other systems as required
* Utilization of computer based scheduled preventive maintenance program
* Strong focus on safety, and the ability to communicate well with others
* Maintaining logs, records and vessel's inventory of mechanical parts and supplies
* Work alongside our Chief Engineer
* Gain real-world experience working on shipboard systems
* High school diploma or equivalent
* General Handyman type work experience
* Experience working with diesel systems including- Cummings, Detroit, Caterpillar, John Deere
* Two (2) years engineering type experience required with two (2) years on shipboard systems preferred -OR- three (3) years handyman / general contracting work experience
* Ability to troubleshoot problems, think and act independently and self-driven to ensure productive days
* Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to coworkers
Entertainment Cruises, Inc. is the nation's largest fleet of premier dinner excursion vessels that provides its employees with an outstanding work environment, and culture, competitive compensation packages, stability, and growth opportunities.
For purposes of this job description only, references to \"Entertainment Cruises Inc.\" are to the following subsidiaries of Entertainment Cruises, Inc.: Premier Yachts, Inc., Mystic Blue Cruises, Inc., Seadog Ventures, Inc., and Spirit Cruises, LLC. You are employed by one of these subsidiaries, not by Entertainment Cruises, Inc.
Associated topics: dispatcher, fleet, fleet management, handler, management, manager, manager trainee, operations manager, svce, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...