- Spencer Ogden - USA
- $90,640.00 -174,640.00/year*
Support the wind turbine team during the execution of project , as electrical engineer
- To ensure the wind turbine supplier delivers a WTG that suits the project technical requirements, compliant with the Turbine Supply Agreement.
- Manage technical aspects of TSA, and technical interfaces with the supplier, with a focus on Electrical and SCADA interfaces.
- Identify, manage and solve interfaces between the WTG and other work packages.
- Represent the Project in front of the WTG supplier in any technical phorum.
- Ensure the qualification and acceptance of design modifications.
- To adhere to project program requirements.
- Technical risks management.
- Lesson learnt management.
- Coordination of engineering resources (both internal and external) to address technical issues.
- Recommend technical solutions or changes to the project management.
- Advise WTG Quality Manager and WTG Package Manager on the impact of technical risks and propose solutions.
- Contribute to establishment of quality assurance system with procedures and requirements for turbine acceptance (e.g. Electrical checklists), and assist in the revision of quality documentation during the manufacturing and installation.
- Liaise with external professionals who provide technical expertise and project support in evaluation of operational and performance issues.
- Ensure that all recommendations are documented and sufficient due diligence exists to support decisions (whether internal or external diligence).
Key Competencies / Qualifications / Criteria
- Attend to the Progress Meetings.
- Report to Electrical Design Manager
- Report to WTG Technical Lead.
- Represent WTG package in technical meetings, such engineering project meetings.
- Attend engineering meetings with the WTG supplier.
- Organize and lead conference calls with suppliers to ensure their compliance with contractual obligations.
- Coordinate technical Communication Notes exchanged with supplier.
- Write and answer CN s of a technical scope.
- Coordinate and manage interfaces between WTG and other packages, such as Foundations, OFTO; Inter Array Cables and SCADA, in coordination with Engineering.
- Grid Code compliance.
- Monitor WTG design modifications proposals, and prepare reports assessing its suitability for the Project.
- Carry out documentation reviews of quality dossiers provided by the turbine supplier and produce technical memos justifying decisions.
- Support the WTG Quality Manager in the evaluation of technical compliance at different quality gates (manufacturing, pre-assembly, installation and hand over) of the project.
- Elaborate and review technical and contract documents and specifications.
- Monitor progress of works with frequent inspections at suppliers according to the inspection and test plans (ITP).
- Attend to the Final Acceptance Tests of the WTG components (FAT).
- Elaborate a reference WTG manual (snag categorization).
- Review of non-conformities and evaluate proposed corrective actions.
- Participate on some Walk downs.
- Inspect the commissioning of mechanical and electrical aspects of all offshore plant.
- Check commissioning procedures with the Commissioning manager.
- Review High Voltage Electrical Safety rules.
- Develop internal procedures and inspection protocols.
- Visit supplier facilities to perform root cause failure investigations on wind turbine mechanical and electrical components, control system and SCADA.
- Reviews supplier's root cause failure analysis and corrective action documentation.
- Organize and participate in technical workshops/meetings with the WTG supplier.
- Participate in Technical Due Diligence coordinated by Global Technical Services.
- Supervise WTG development.
- To support the project Engineering manager in WTG related issues
- Identify and manage risks associated with the WTG design.
- Ensure corporate HSE policies are adhered to in all matters.
- Attend HAZID s / HAZOP s
- Answer to all technical internal/external queries.
- Record and implement lessons learned to and from other projects.
- Educated to Degree level in electrical engineering (preferred),other engineering degrees, or similar.
- 2 years of wind industry experience (WTG s, offshore wind preferable).
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
- Very flexible to travel around the UK and overseas.
- Extensive technical and practical knowledge of wind turbine technology (Electrical knowledge is required).
- Experience of offshore wind turbines and offshore windfarm construction.
- Good knowledge of industry standards and offshore regulations.
- Knowledge of US and/or New England Grid Code regulations.
- Experience of the operational performance of wind turbines.
- Knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation associated with construction projects.
- Experience of working in a team and delivering against targets and reporting.
- Pro-active and diligent approach.
- Project Management and related engineering qualification or equivalent experience.
- Safety trained for managing site construction works e.g. NEBOSH Training and experience (preferable).
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Associated topics: adapter, circuit, electric, electrical, image processing, msee, power, solar, stationary engineer, wire
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...