Manufacturing Development Engineer (User Terminal, Electro-Mechanical)
Space Exploration Technologies
4247 W 130th St
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANUFACTURING DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (USER TERMINAL, ELECTRO- MECHANICAL)
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink satellite constellation is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for a talented, creative, and driven manufacturing engineer to build the consumer-facing user terminal (a high volume manufactured product customers will have in their homes). You will own the relationship between the engineering development and production teams.
The success of Starlink depends on the quality, reliability, cost, manufacturability, throughput, security, and user experience of the products that you deliver.
If you seek a fast-paced, dynamic environment; if you thrive on solving difficult problems where resolutions have high impact; if you love managing through persuasion and if you love the challenge of building something from scratch, then this role will be an ideal next career step.
* Design and implement electro-mechanical assembly * Collaborate with the mechanical design team to incorporate design for manufacturability * Lead prototype builds ensuring incremental milestones for the production development are met * Ensure manufacturing systems are capable of hitting high volume rate, cost and quality targets * Lead facilities development, floor layout, headcount requirements and material flow definition * Identify tooling requirements, design and implement into production processes * Define automation requirements, procure and qualify * Develop suppliers and contract manufacturers
* Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline * 2+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Master's degree in an engineering discipline * Demonstrated experience working in a highly adaptive and iterative environment * Proven excellence in a high volume commercial or automotive manufacturing environment * Demonstrated experience implementing automation into production processes * Experience integrating electromechanical assemblies with both manual and automated processes * Ability to develop and maintain high performing suppliers and contract manufacturers * Experience working with and defining requirements for ERP, MRP and MES systems
* Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) ###-####.