Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Solvay Composite Materials' in Alpharetta, GA has an immediate opening for a Technician - Thermoplastic Composites.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
* Support product development of thermoset and thermoplastic composites by executing detailed experimental plans, preparing and submitting samples for testing, collecting and organizing data, and making experimental observations
* Operate and maintain relevant equipment, instrumentation and experimental techniques, including extruders, molding equipment, CNC and cutting equipment
* Detailed documentation of experiments and trials
* Conduct preventative maintenance on laboratory and fabrication equipment, including specifying and getting quotes on parts, installations and repairs from outside resources.
* Maintain a safe work environment for self and others
* Any other duties required by the business
Education and Experience
* 3-5 years of experience working on polymer extrusion equipment and/or maintenance
* Carbon fiber or glass fiber composite manufacturing experience
* Associate or bachelor degree in materials, engineering, math, or related field
* Strong technical and problem-solving skills
* Strong working knowledge of polymer processing concepts and technology
* Hands-on mechanical skills
Associated topics: ceramic, dental, glass, material engineer, metallic, metallographer, molecular, plastics, polymer, polyurethane