The Manufacturing Director casts a compelling vision for operational excellence and drive flawless execution and quality through careful planning, clear communication, hands-on leadership and continual coaching. As a key member of the Memphis Operation's leadership team, this leader also participates in the development of the site's vision and strategy.
The Manufacturing Director is responsible and accountable for supporting any and all existing manufacturing operations and for managing successful completion key process improvement projects for just about any facet of the operation's Manufacturing systems.
The Manufacturing Director is an accomplished operations leader with a strong track record of building a lean culture with a machining intensive manufacturing environment. This position oversees all day-to-day functions of the In-House Manufacturing operation including but not limited to: day-to-day SQDC operational performance, assisting in the manufacturing strategy, leadership/talent development while driving a culture that fosters performance, innovation and trust, formulating and driving the monthly and annual production plans while meeting and exceeding people, safety, quality and cost metrics, effectively communicating and coordinating activities with manufacturing, new product introduction teams, quality engineering, manufacturing engineering, demand and inventory management, and purchasing.
* Supervises and directs the daily activities of multiple departmental functions. Oversees, monitors and coordinates teams' activities. Acts as a liaison between and coach of team members with the rest of the organization. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals as it relates to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. (35%)
* Ownership of developed KPI. Drive Root Cause/Countermeasure activities on a monthly basis. (5%)
* Constantly identifying opportunities for improving safety, quality, delivery, productivity and introducing new technologies throughout operations by staying aware of new products, technologies and manufacturing methods. (15%)
* Familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures including LEAN manufacturing based on TPS. (5%)
* Fosters, drives, and facilitates continuous improvement and team building environments. (10%)
* Assists in analyzing and planning work force and machine utilization, space requirements, work flow and layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency. (5%)
* Supports all operational improvement initiatives and provides training for all projects or initiatives. (5%)
* Prepares and/or approves capital equipment requests (CARs) with complete justification and analysis. (5%)
* Manage variable and fixed costs for assigned business segments to provide maximum efficiency at minimum cost. Recommend productivity and cost reduction programs as appropriate. (5%)
* Communicating updates on performance or data analysis results on a regular basis through written reports, email and presentations to all affected and/or involved. (10%)
Brooks Road West, Memphis, Tennessee
Undergraduate degree in engineering, industrial management, business or a related field, and, preferably, an MBA.
Preferable to have Lean Six Sigma Certification and/or APICS Certification.
Has experience as a manufacturing engineer or engineering leadership role in precision component manufacturing. Possesses superior lean deployment skills, including hands on experience practically deploying lean and transforming organizations. Previous experience and expertise in strategic change, restructuring, low cost country manufacturing transitions, and identifying and diagnosing challenging operational issues and opportunities. Has experience as a plant manager responsible for all aspects of a plant's performance. Possesses strong process orientation and a track record of reducing costs, driving quality and on time delivery, and improving profits and streamlining operations in order to achieve lasting financial improvements and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
Demonstrates success in broad and increasingly more responsible operations leadership positions within companies known for world-class manufacturing and operational excellence processes. Demonstrates world class skills and knowledge in manufacturing management. Demonstrates ability to work effectively in a matrix environment. Thrives within a fast-paced senior team in a metrics-driven, results-oriented environment. Has excellent communication skills with the ability to build consensus and sell ideas at all levels of the organization. Generates innovative solutions in work situations and tries novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities. Possesses strong project management skills-planning, organizing, setting and meeting goals, both short and long term, sustaining customer focus, and maintaining schedules.
Passion for Winning: Is highly competitive and plays to win in the context of business. Enjoys the challenge of building a successful business and always gives 100% toward achieving set goals. Never compromises integrity and character in the pursuit of victory.
Creative Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methodologies to meet difficult problems with effective solutions. Wants to understand the factors behind the issues and challenges that face the business. Comes up with new ideas and is not afraid to approach challenges innovative new ways that are outside of the status quo. Easily poses future scenarios and thinks globally.
Collaborative Orientation/Influencing Skills: Is a superlative team player, able to put aside a personal agenda for the good of the overall organization. Is skilled at building relationships across the organization and influencing beyond his/her span of control. Has strong interpersonal skills and is able to gain support and respect through an open communication style and a balanced ego.
Travel Requirements: <10%
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain