- Skanska Usa Building
- $99,845.00 -161,390.00/year*
We are seeking an organized, motivated, Civil Engineering / Construction Management student to work on heavy civil construction Projects in the Boston MA area.
What You'll Do:
Position will assist several project managers and superintendents in the management and construction of the Project. Work involves both administrative in the office, as well as hands on work in the field. The individual will work closely with a highly skilled, professional and experienced staff and gain valuable experience in the construction of a large heavy civil construction project.
Field work requires experience and confidence working in and around heavy industrial equipment. Activities and responsibilities require frequent sitting (often working on a computer), driving, frequent walking, standing, light lifting, bending, and reaching. Due to tool and computer usage, there may be repetitive motions of the hands and wrists.
We're Looking For:
* Pursuing an undergraduate degree, in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field;
* Positive attitude with a desire to succeed;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively;
* Valid driver's license;
* Ready and willing to perform a variety of tasks, some may require Skanska training;
* Available to work extra hours, when needed;
* Willing to work for a variety of managers;
* Must be reliable and trustworthy;
* Interested in learning and understanding the construction industry;
* Analytical and problem solving skills;
* Time management Skills;
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Power Point & Excel);
* Organizational Skills;
* Highly Reliable;
* Functions effectively as part of a team;
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
* Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
* Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
* Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation, life sciences and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have nearly 11,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2017, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $7.3 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $18.8 billion in 2017. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2018 by Forbes.
* Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
* Schedule: Part-time
* Employee Status: Temporary
Associated topics: building, building code, civil, concrete, construction, function, infrastructure, microstation, remediation, road
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...