Maintenance Technician I
Compensation: $89,470.00 - $138,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
A. POSITION PURPOSE:
The maintenance technician is responsible for troubleshooting and repairs on injection and compression molding equipment, secondary equipment including air compressors, grinder, chillers, tower system, vacuum system and conveyance equipment, including inserters, printers, case erectors, robots, etc. The maintenance technician is also able to perform setups, changeovers, adjustments, maintenance, repair and operation of various types of equipment to include assembly, subassembly, printing, and/or packaging machines. The company scope includes injection and compression molding operations and automation equipment in the manufacture of components serving FDA regulated markets. This is a high-speed and a controlled manufacturing environment.B. SUPERVISORY RESPONSBILITIES
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.C. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITES:
- Must be able to proficiently operate molding machines, conveyance equipment, robots and auxiliary equipment to diagnose malfunctions and to affect repairs.
- Troubleshoots and locates the source of the problem by observing the operation of the equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose pneumatic, hydraulic or mechanical malfunctions on a variety of equipment.
- Consult OEM manuals to identify proper machine specific procedures, parts identification, pm schedules, frequency, troubleshooting, etc.
- Interact with OEM vendors to identify parts, obtain quotes, and submit requisitions to acquire repair and replacement parts.
- Perform adjustments and setups on a variety of equipment in support of production and in accordance with company developed SWIS / JSA documents and safety procedures.
- Repair and maintain electrical controls on equipment, molding, assembly and packaging machines, including servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines and devices primarily on their basis of electronic principles.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and report / correct all unsafe working conditions.
- Read, use and interpret measuring devices, gauges and inspection tools.
- Perform all required necessary preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment.
- Check and maintain quality of product being produced by identifying acceptable and non-acceptable product in accordance with quality policies and procedures.
- Actively participate on teams and offer suggestions for improvements.
- Answer machine alarms as they occur and identify and address the root cause
- Follow the 5S guidelines.
- Strictly adhere to LOTO policy.
- Upload programs to controls in the event of program loss or CPU replacement.
- Repair robot arms to controls including replacing bad boards, motors, encoders, etc.
- Calibrate and adjust robot pick and place locations if needed.
- Input maintenance work orders into the computerized maintenance management software (benchmate).
- Monitor processes, show an awareness of issues and demonstrate corrective actions to address those issues.
- Perform weekly, monthly and as required preventative maintenance.
- Perform root cause analysis for safety, quality, and process issues.
- Suggest ways to improve the efficiency and safety or our work environment.
- Comply with all company policies.
- Collaborate with other maintenance personnel and outside technical support as needed.
- Restore damaged or malfunctioning equipment to operation by repairing, replacing, and/or adjusting electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Minimize downtown by coordinating repairs with the production supervisor.
- Maintains good communication with production and maintenance departments.
- Maintains ongoing list of projects (job schedule) with critical path timeline items with statuses and estimated completion dates.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Ensures work is completed with technician excellence and in an efficient and cost-effective fashion.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Job Requirements Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Five (5) years industrial maintenance experience or Industrial maintenance degree
Skills and Abilities
Mechanical aptitude and problem solving ability required. Documented demonstration of knowledge and performance of the job to the satisfaction of the Maintenance Manager. Must be accurate and trustworthy with a positive attitude that embraces change and continuous improvement in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Excellent personal leadership and organizational skills. Thorough understanding of electrical and mechanical maintenance required. Proficient computer skills to include MS Office and Microsoft Outlook. Working knowledge of CMMS knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to repetitively bend from the upright position to approximately 45 degree angle and maneuver in various positions including kneeling, sitting, lying down as well as working at heights reaching 60 feet. Ability to pull or push a hand jack with product weight up to 1200lbs, transport heavy equipment and parts to various locations within the facilitate, and operate and manipulate heavy equipment when necessary.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and handbooks. Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to speak effectively with all team members and supervisors.
Good mathematical and analytical skills with ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- and two-step written or oral instructions and deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is seasonally exposed to cold and warm environment. The noise level in the work environment is both loud and somewhat quiet. Hearing protection is required in designated work areas.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; displays understanding of how job relates to others.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Communications - Keeps others adequately informed.
Cooperation - Offers assistance and support to co-workers.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values.
Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions.
Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan Closures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan Closures is a drug-free workplace.
Loading some great jobs for you...