- Siemens Corporation
- $116,070.00 -174,640.00/year*
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 244617
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Technical Support Engineer provides engineering advice to the Amtrak maintenance workforce in order to enhance
equipment reliability of the Siemens ACS-64 electric locomotive fleet. This includes advice on: routine maintenance,
restoration and resolution to equipment failures, semi-complex equipment installation, and modifications and repairs.
* Assist with running maintenance on a fleet of locomotives, maintenance instructions from Computer Maintenance
Management System (CMMS)
* Assist with unscheduled repairs on locomotives including Mechanical repairs, Electrical repairs, highly complex technical
and troubleshooting repairs on locomotives
* Follow all maintenance instructions (wherever available) to adhere to and maintain compliance and high quality
* Develop a working relationship with the Customer as an employee and representative of Siemens Mobility
* Verify that all defects, tasks, and /or incidents have been reported and documented in (CMMS) for compliance, issue
tracking, and closure
* Provide first line technical assistance to operations staff for troubleshooting and repair of locomotives
* Maintain compliance to all applicable safety rules, laws, and regulations
* Always ensure highest quality standards are met in accordance with Siemens Rail Systems
* In the absence of Stores Keeper Controllers, perform Material transactions to support the fleet as needed
* Foster a work environment that drives a safety first zero harm culture (ZHC) and speak up when necessary as a
stakeholder for shop and site safety for yourself and your coworkers
* Interact with the leadership as needed on all site issues, systems, and related facility operations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* 1-3 years of experience working in an industrial or maintenance environment related to electrical work.
* Must demonstrate an appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering.
* Candidates with a background in rolling stock maintenance and commissioning or other rail-related experience will be
* Candidates should be able to use Microsoft Office suite application to generate reports, presentations, email communications and work with spreadsheets.
Associated topics: adapter, circuit, diagram, electrical engineer, kv, rf, schema, stationary engineer, transmission, wind
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...