Sarepta is seeking a summer intern to join our Nucleoside Chemistry department. Under the supervision of members of the Nucleoside Chemistry group, the Intern will gain a general understanding of pharmaceutical development and manufacturing scale-up process. Gain experience with lab equipment use/data processing including HPLC, Karl-Fischer, Column Chromatography systems, as well as experience scale-up concepts and basic process chemistry equipment engineering. The intern will receive training with small-scale oligomer synthesis and purification.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
* Cultivate a firm understanding of process chemistry, scale-up, and manufacturing
* Safely handle chemicals according to their Safety Data Sheets in a laboratory environment
* Execute development studies as part of a team under the supervision of a senior chemist, to support continuous process improvement goals
* Assist in the preparation of study protocols and reports
* Present research and development progress to team members
* Perform organic synthesis and purification of nucleoside analogs with supervision
* Train and then perform analysis and interpret data generated by HPLC, KF, NMR, LCMS, and GC instrumentation
* Maintain a clean and safe working space
* Cross-train with small-scale oligomer department to gain understanding of Sarepta downstream oligomer synthesis
Education and Skills Requirements:
* Chemistry or Chemical Engineering major or recent graduate with at least one full year of undergraduate Organic Chemistry
* 1+ semester of analytical chemistry is also strongly preferred
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.