SAIC is looking for highlymotivated individuals to fill a Advanced-levelEngineer (Facility Service Engineer) position providing facility engineeringsupport to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).Thisposition will be located at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL.
SAIC delivers innovative solutions tocritical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider ofintegrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department ofDefense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agenciesand international customers. SAIC is dedicated to making lives better,safer and more secure.
The mission of theFacilities, Military Construction and Environmental Management Directorate(MDA/FD) is to site, acquire, oversee design and construction of, operate, andmaintain real property in support of the global MDA mission. The successfulcandidate has the responsibility to integrate various engineering, scheduling,construction, and start-up aspects of the MDA projects in accordance withcontractual obligations.
This support includes, butis not limited to providing or performing planning and engineering analysis asthey relate to these functional areas:
* Facility construction surveillance and oversight.
* Review and assessment of construction project shop drawings.
* Request for information and submittal reviews.
* Design and construction schedule review and analysis.
* Project planning and design scoping sessions/charrettes.
* Oversight of construction contractor engineering efforts.
* Participation in facility assessments and master planning reviews.
* Assist in decision documentation preparation such as briefings and supporting materials (white papers, fact sheets, status reports, progress reports, and information papers) that support life-cycle management of MDA facilities and infrastructure.
* Stakeholder coordination through the execution of Working Groups and Integrated Product Teams.
* Must possess an active Interim SecretSecurity Clearance.
* Masters in Engineering and 13 years relevant engineering experience. A Professional Engineer (PE) license may be substituted for the ME/MS degree in engineering requirement.
* Strongverbal and written communications skills.
* Abilityto clearly express ideas/concepts.
* Demonstratedcapability to operate in a multi-task environment.
* Demonstratedcustomer interface skills.
* Demonstratedexperience using Microsoft Office Products.
* Knowledge of MDA policies, plans, processes, procedures as relatedto construction execution practices.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative coordinator, administrative secretary, administrative support, assistance, associate, clerk, facility, secretary