Mid-Level Systems Engineer_AMCS
Compensation: $113,700.00 - $158,800.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
SAIC has a need for a Mid–Level Systems Engineer
to provide systems engineering support to the Aviation Mission Common Server (AMCS) System Integration and Management team in Huntsville, AL. The AMCS System is a software modernization of the current Improved Data Modem (IDM) 401 System that is planned to align the AMCS with Modular Open Systems Approaches (MOSA), Common Operating Environment (COE), and Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) guidelines. The AMCS platform will host the IDM Software Application (ISA) and other avionics applications. Responsibilities Include:
- Provide strong System Engineering skills and experience to the AMCS team.
- Writing and reviewing system-level requirements.
- Collaborate with the software and test teams to create requirements
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering–oriented discipline or related field and 3+ years of relevant Systems Engineering experience is required. Successful candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance; prefer active clearances Required Skills:
Desired Skills / Working Knowledge
- Systems Engineering experience – demonstrated ability to think at the system level and address mission needs without jumping down to the design level.
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction both working as an individual contributor as well as a team member
- Good verbal and written skills are required
- Direct experience with army aviation equipment considered a plus.
- Army aviation experience: e.g., familiarity with Army aviation networks and avionics is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of the Future Airborne Capabilities Environment (FACE) technical standard is a plus.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approaches and processes is a plus. Prior experience with SysML notations and methods is not required, but willingness to learn and embrace new methodologies is expected
- Experience with Magic Draw / Cameo is a plus
- Systems Engineering Certification by INCOSE (ASEP, CSEP, or ESEP) is a plus
- Experience with non-functional requirements (constraints or “-ilities”) in general, and the U.S Army Aviation’s Comprehensive Architecture Strategy (CAS) in particular, is a plus
Travel: Less than 10% Overview
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityJob Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...