Design Engineering Co-Op (Summer/Fall 2020)
Compensation: $90,650.00 - $130,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
United States of AmericaLocation:
HNY02: Engine Comp (Power) - Rome 104 Otis Street, Rome, NY, 13440 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs). Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation.
Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way the right way to achieve what others can only dream of.Role/Responsibilities:Preparing engineering designs for bid & proposal requests Checking drawings for accuracy and completeness Assisting design engineers with engineering analysis related to product non- conformances Researching product history in engineering files for legacy part numbers Assisting in preparing drawing packages to be sent to drafting team Updating engineering records for electronic access Education: Pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical engineering from an accredited institutionEducation:Must be pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical engineering from an accredited institutionQualifications: Basic, Preferred, and Desired
Must have GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework by May 2020
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical engineering from an accredited institution
- Must be willing to complete an 8 month session
- Strong presentation skills
- Critical/strategic thinking ability Innovative
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work independently Results-oriented
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop strategy
- Teamwork & Collaboration Proven leadership ability, initiative, and individuals that are self-motivated
- Champion of change and vision Ability to make sound ethical decisions that drive results Customer focus
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments.
As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Click on thislink to read the Policy and TermsNote to candidates regarding interview scams:
We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity toTalent Acquisition .
Associated topics: assembly, autocad, automotive, boiler, fluid, machine, naval, solidworks, turbine, turbomachinery
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...