Associate Director Structures (Rome)
Compensation: $106,386.67 - $206,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Associate Director Structures (New York)
Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognised for a large range of landmark projects, and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
We are looking for an Associate Director (Structures), to join our newly established New York office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through continual expansion, and so presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
Duties of our successful candidate will include:
- Proactively and ethically motivating and leading project teams to deliver superior outcomes.
- Collecting, preparing and compiling of fee projections for the US business.
- Assisting with developing US budget.
- Allocating of projects to teams under your direction.
- Developing Associates to accept greater responsibility and higher degree of accountability.
- Undertaking career planning and arrange for effective mentoring to be provided to employees under your
- Supervising staff under your direction and offering pro-active advice in relation to problem solving issues.
- Actively participating in developing the US practice including technical excellence, culture, procedures, professional development and continuous improvement.
- Developing and implementing company policy.
- Compliance with, and overseeing implementation of Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Promotion of Robert Bird Group to existing and prospective clients.
- Implementing branch marketing strategy in association with the Director Business Development.
- Establishing new clients and develop existing client relationships through excellent project delivery and repeat business.
- Increasingly expanding knowledge of clients, market and project opportunities.
- Assisting with identifying leads and participating in converting them into confirmed work.
- Developing fee proposals and contract reviews and approval of same.
- Actively involved in all projects under your direction ensuring exemplary service afforded to clients at all times.
- Client liaison in conjunction with the team members including but not limited to:
- Ensuring client requirements are clearly understood by all company personnel involved in the
- Ensuring that the clients requirements are met and;
- Identifying changes in the clients requirements as may occur during the course of the project and causing to be affected the subsequent design and documentation changes necessary to meet the new requirements.
- Undertaking project coordination and representing the company at consultants meeting etc
- Selecting and/or approving of subcontracted consultants including development of scope, programme and commercial aspects (appointments in conjunction with Commercial Manager).
- Compiling of project invoices and reviewing and approval of those compiled by team members.
- Negotiating fee variations with clients and supervising of same.
- Overseeing project cost control by team members.
- Assisting Commercial Manager UK, with debtor collection on projects.
- Overseeing implementation of Quality Systems on projects.
- Developing concept design and design philosophy.
- Preparing preliminary designs and/or review and approval of preliminary designs.
- Design and design documentation reviews (design checking when required).
Experience/what we desire:
- Relevant engineering experience (10 years +)
- Relevant project management experience
- Demonstration capacity to provide leadership to project teams
- Proven delegation and negotiating skills
- Masters degree
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Established in 1982, Robert Bird Group is a global consulting engineering firm with over 650 staff across eleven offices. A member of the Surbana Jurong Group, we are committed to delivering our clients vision through the relentless pursuit of engineering excellence across all projects.
Keep an eye on our news page and LinkedIn pages for latest project news and company information.
Associated topics: building process, civil, civil structural engineer, design, designer, environment, implement, stability, structural engineer, structure
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...