Compensation: $103,730.00 - $157,700.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Reporting to the Senior Fellow II in the Department of Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics (DMPK), this position will contribute to the design and execution of bioanalytical and nonclinical ADME/PK projects. As a member of the DMPK preclinical development team, the Scientist will work primarily in the drug discovery area, contributing to the discovery of new drugs with unmet medical needs through the application of scientific expertise in the areas of PK and metabolism. In supporting numerous discovery projects, the Scientist will be expected to work independently under minimal supervision and to be proactive in suggesting and implementing new analytical technology and workflow improvements.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Design, conduct and manage the execution of specific bioanalytical and ADME/PK (in vitro and in vivo) studies for multiple research and development programs
- Perform bioanalysis of blood, plasma, urine and tissue samples for drug and metabolite concentrations using LC/MS/MS
- Prepare bioanalytical reports and presentations
- Perform metabolism assays using hepatic microsomes, hepatocytes and expressed enzymes
- Perform CYP450 inhibition/induction and drug transporter assays
- Perform plasma protein binding assays
- Perform Metabolite identification studies
- Conduct in vitro and in vivo preclinical PK experiments, data analysis and reporting
- Maintain data base for generated information
- Evaluate and summarize data for dissemination to project teams
- Present data in group meetings and/or project team meetings
- Interact with other members of the group to plan, execute and interpret data
- PhD with 0-2+ years of industry experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Science or a related field
- Deep knowledge of drug metabolism, metabolite identification, CYP450 induction/inhibition assays, drug transporters, bioanalysis, ADME/PK from a variety of in vitro and in vivo matrices
- Hands on drug metabolism experience
- Experience in operating and maintaining LC/MS/MS instruments
- Experience with WinNonlin software
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Ability to conduct research both independently and in a team setting in a fast-paced environment
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There may be some potential exposure to hazardous materials. Some travel may be required.
Associated topics: antibody, aseptic, biopharmaceutical, disease, histologist, medical, medicine, pharmacy, protein, transfection
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...