- $94,010.00 -138,950.00/year*
Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives in the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As the leading firm in the country which specializes in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the great opportunities throughout the Continental U.S.
We currently have a great assignment for a 3D Piping Designer. As a 3D Piping Designer, you will support our client, a full-service engineering and construction firm providing lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients.
The 3D Piping Designer will be working as part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team of technical experts working on challenging projects in Environment, Industry, Commercial, Transportation and Water. The 3D Piping Designer will be responsible for preparing, in a lead role, near complete Process Mechanical BIM models and sets of construction drawings and additional duties, to include:
- Preparing construction drawings which may include general arrangement / layout drawings and detail drawings of process mechanical components and piping
- Utilizing advanced BIM modeling techniques per CADD Graphics Standards
- Performing routine checking and verification tasks including reviewing junior staff documents to ensure adherence to company standards and procedures
- Acting as BIM Modeling Coordinator during the project lifecycle to ensure coordination between the design team and any outside subcontractors
- Performing related discipline tasks in support of project engineer, such as reviewing and coordinating specifications, compiling and computing engineering data and initiating basic design tasks
- Verifying BIM model integrity, coordinating clash detection, collaborating with other disciplines, plotting drawings and assembling drawing packages
- Reviewing manufacturer s or fabricator s data to aid in the development of BIM models and design documents
Specific qualifications for the 3D Piping Designer role include:
- High school diploma with vocational training in advanced BIM Modeling / CADD drafting technologies
- 8 years minimum experience preparing Process Mechanical BIM models
- Experience using Plant 3D v2017, Revit and Navisworks is preferred or other BIM applications such as OPPID, AutoPlant and OpenPlant
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite for design-related tasks and advanced knowledge of the BIM modeling software commands
- Domestic travel up to 10% may be required
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Medical Insurance Plan which includes prescription coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!
Associated topics: autocad, civil, compute, design engineer, environment, implement, material, model, stability, water resource
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...