We are looking for an experienced Lead Project Engineer to lead technical aspects of Rail/Transit projects in the NY region. This is a great opportunity to be developed into a Project Manager, managing a broad portfolio of Transportation Infrastructure projects, mentored by subject matter experts! We offer excellent benefits, including Employee stock ownership in the company, and competitive salaries!
* Establishes the program requirements for the specific buildings/facilities of the project, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria.
* Technically supports the designs including design calculations and documentation for the project.
* Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
* Works with the key project individuals to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client and company management of any such changes. The Project Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
* Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes.
* Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule. Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
* 12+ years experience in the design and management of rail and transit projects
* 4-year degree in Engineering or related technical/business field from an accredited institution;
* Experience should include continuous responsibility and proven performance as a lead engineer, or Project Engineer, on commuter rail, light rail, or heavy rail transit projects that include designing for construction while maintaining service
* Prefer experience with New York and New Jersey commuter rail and transit agencies
* Ability to become a Certified Parsons Project Manager within 1 year
* Professional registration required
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...