- Proteus Technologies
- $92,010.00 -134,290.00/year*
OPPORTUNITY:Parsons is now hiring a Mid-Level Civil Roadway Design Engineer with 5 years or more comprehensive geometric design work with various state DOT road & highway projects for our rapidly expanding transportation project portfolio in our Boston, MA. office. Parsons strong local presence and extensive experience in Massachusetts and New England, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. In this position you will perform road and highway design tasks, modeling and civil engineering calculations and analysis for progressive Massachusetts DOT and New England regional projects. You will be tasked to develop geometric layouts, 3D models of roadways including existing ground, proposed pavement, walls and bridges, and material quantity calculations. You will utilize Microstation, InRoads,Geopak, OpenRoads and other design software and interface with CAD designers, as well as other engineers and subcontractors. Keys to your success will be your civil engineering acumen and road and highway background.RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements.
* Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, 3D models, construction documents, design and installation packages, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
* Perform 3D design and modeling using InRoads or Geopak.
* Provides support for other engineering activities as required.
* Provides input and technical guidance to lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
* Proficiency with Microstation and InRoads or Geopak is required. OpenRoads preferred. AutoCAD Civil 3D highly desirable.
* Minimum 5 years of engineering experience.
* Must have solid roadway design experience.
* (PE) registration is highly desirable
* Solid roadway geometric design background.
* Experience in drainage layouts preferred.
* Intermediate skills with Excel (macros, equations)
* Experience with Mass DOT policies and procedures is preferred, but not required.
* Experience with any state DOT procedures is considered.
* Experience on design-build projects is preferred.
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
* Additional Tasks/Responsibilities:
* Plan production
* Coordination with other disciplines (drainage, traffic, structures)
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.Parsons Referral PlanMaybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!_
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Associated topics: building, civil engineer, draft, function, microstation, remediation, road, roadway, soil mechanic, superstructure
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...